• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability Help (Non-channel Blizzard Applying Buff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am working on a blizzard ability that doesn't require channeling. The ability works and deals the correct damage using dummy casts in the trigger; however, I cannot apply a cold buff consistently. The buff, Chilling Touch, only applies the very first time the ability is cast then never again. The buff in question is a passive hero ability which applies a slowing buff (Slow - Human Sorceress) to abilities casts by the Hero. All other abilities apply the buff correctly through triggers except Blizzard.

How do I make the buff, Chilling Touch, apply throughout the duration of the Blizzard ability?
  • Buff applies first time the ability is cast, then never again
  • Ability works correctly otherwise
  • Other trigger abilities correctly apply the Chilling Touch buff

Level 39
Instead of doing the slow in a complicated way by casting it on the targets, you can give the dummy that's casting Blizzard another spell based on Endurance Aura or Tornado Slow Aura. Set the stats and targets to give the appropriate slow and then any units nearby it will be slowed automatically, no spellcast required. Aura update period is a little slow, but it should be acceptable for most situations. This, however, will only slow units while they are inside the Blizzard and it will not persist outside of that if they walk away.

Level 2
Aura does seem much simpler. Can I set the duration of an aura so that it lasts a couple extra seconds after leaving the area?

Yep, it works, thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.