• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNWoodPigeon

Reactions: deepstrasz
Icon for the wood pigeon skin for my feral pigeon model.

Keywords:
bird, pigeon, dove, critter, flyer, feral, wood, avian, farm, agriculture, park
Contents

BTNWoodPigeon (Icon)

Assets
Reviews
10:16, 29th Aug 2009 zombie2279: Same applies to this one as the other one.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

10:16, 29th Aug 2009
zombie2279: Same applies to this one as the other one.

Why wouldn't they? Especially since I attached an actual skin of the exact same bird to the rescource. I guess you think people only need onethousandandone icons of a sword?

I also put the original painting in the first post (which, frankly, is based on the feral pigeon icon I made, of which I also posted the original in the rescource thread), so no, it is not fragging CnP.

Level 9
it wouldnt be fitting the background if the eye was orange...

about the sword
I guess you think people only need onethousandandone icons of a sword?
i can explain:
there are 1000 swords, but 95% of em are shit (like 95% of all icons are shit) and ppl think they can do better...

but i aggre to you, thats why i always try to make icons for things that dont have custom icons yet.

but for true: a bird? wtf?
well do what you want... as i said the icon is done well

Alright here are a couple of uses it could have:

1. An icon for the actual critter. Some people (like me) like to charm/posess anything they can when they can access those spells. Having icons for the units you can control adds to the quality and feel of the map.
2. People may want to use this is a scout unit, either trained or summoned with an ability. In both cases, an icon comes in handy.
3. In medieval times, pigeons were used to send messages. This icon can be used as some kind of message or communication ability.
4. Some maps have fun little extra features, like pet shops. A pet shop in which you could buy the critter means you get to control the critter which means you need an icon.

And I'm sure people can think of many more uses. I could have just made a screenshot of the pigeon, put a border on it and upload that here, but I thought a decent icon could come in useful. Even if only a handful of people use this icon, that's good right? A good database needs to be varied. If you only approve icons that are useful for masses of people, many minorities will not get what they're searching for. A few people may need it, isn't that good enough? These 60kbs extra in the database will hardly make it too expensive to run

Status
Not open for further replies.