• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNUnholyEdge

Always remember one thing: Practice is the way to become better! And don't CnP ;)

updated.

Keywords:
unholy, blood, underworld, destruction, darkness, blade, edge, sword, stab, ambush, weapon, pala,
Contents

BTNUnholyEdge (Icon)

Reviews
08:09, 17th Aug 2009 zombie2279: Messy, random and lacks highlights. Update it anytime you're ready. Approved with a useful rating.

M

08:09, 17th Aug 2009
zombie2279: Messy, random and lacks highlights. Update it anytime you're ready. Approved with a useful rating.

Level 30
Okay, i still have my complains concerning your style to fill out an object's shape.
In this case, you again used your "line-over-line" technique to create a filled metallic inner texture of the sword.
I don't think that the technique matches the needs of such an object, it appears more like a useful and interesting technique for effect related drawings.

The background fits the object and takes a small place into the foreground which is generally okay.

My criticism concentrates on the object being existent with a rather messy texture.
Although a sword is used and owns its scratches and crookings, it's overlaying appearance should still remind to a metallic glance which is just partially given.

In short words: Just take a big brush to fill out the sword's shape, then shade/highlight, then add small scratches.

Level 24
haha. you are wrong. i usually get not more than 1 rep for an icon, the quality isnt that high and the only persons submitting really good icons are bigapple90 kelthuzad and unholydobry the last three days (hope i forgot nobody) and why do you call me icongod?
i am no. its a little childish dont you think? i might consider this spam because it is no comment on the icon.

debode, dunno why you cant like me, i did nothing to you.

and the average at the moment is sadly at 1-2/5

i might be at 3/5
ok? you should realize that the icon section suffers some heavy desease at the moment...

and by the way those icons were nothing more then a present for the users... not for me. dumb idiot. i did not know that people get insulted fpr giving presents usually...

Level 11
you think i submit really good icons? well thx, I think that bigapple and kelthuzad are both better than me and maybe you but I do what I can, and yeah too bad crazyrussian isnt submitting icons anymore...

on topic: I like the icon it could use some more highlighting and it would be perfect.