• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNTheHandofGuldan

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
This one, unlike the other, is WarCraft related, and probably has more use.

This is the Hand of Gul'Dan, located in Shadowmoon Valley, Draenor. The same style is used (i forgot to save when I had it all hand-drawn), and the final product, in my opinion, is quite nice.
[hidden='Two WIPs, sorry D:[/hidden]

[/hidden]

Keywords:
WarCraft, Hand, Of, Gul'Dan, Orc, Warlock, Shadowmoon, Valley, WoW, Evil, Dark, Fel, Magic, Mountain, Range, Arcane, Illidan, Akama, Doomhammer, Horde
Contents

BTNTheHandofGuldan (Icon)

Reviews
14:14, 19th Jun 2013 enjoy: All your work has this weird shading that makes it look like a picture with that photoshop filter that makes thing 3D, where it makes the dark points low.. It is rather odd. Your work overall looks rather flat, so you...

M

14:14, 19th Jun 2013
enjoy: All your work has this weird shading that makes it look like a picture with that photoshop filter that makes thing 3D, where it makes the dark points low.. It is rather odd. Your work overall looks rather flat, so you should study tutorials and reference images.
Also, you need to think about how useful the icon it. Also, you need to study highlights and shading.

A great site to look for tutorials is www.deviantart.com
You can searh for tutorials there.

Your work is incredibly blurry, because you rely almost completely on smudging.
That's a no-go, as you will never get crips, defined icons that way.

You seem to already have an eye for what's important (which is what your icon turns out to be), but you have to pay more attention to your original work.
Hone your drawing skills, so that you can create shapes, effects, shading and highlights without the use of horrible smudges.

These are tutorials that I think are the most essential and most compact of their type. They show you great techniques and ways to work and create your icons.

Take your time and practice a lot, while never missing out on enjoying the process.
You are currently at a level that already exceeds the average beginner of 2D Art, so you should improve rather quickly.

Level 49
I really need to get a tablet :l My hand drawings are much better than mouse.

This one had alot of drawing into it, but alot of the shading got more blurred than I liked and I wasn't able to keep the mountain large while having detail infront of it at the same time.

generally, both of your icons are pale and soft, they have no shading at all, they
have no perspective, or anything, that will work for appearance. And this is no a device problem (mouse, tablet), but just a current low vision, that need great improvements.

I hardly recommend you surf these two tutorial pictures, that with small notes explain at least what to do, and how to do it right.