• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNSwordofLightning3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
2:nd attempt. Tried to get it metallic with the "reflection" but I'm just not as artistic as the russian...

Update: Dark enough? :)
Update: Bright enough? :D

Keywords:
sword, of, lightning, blade, dagger, edge, weapon
Contents

BTNSwordofLightning3 (Icon)

Reviews
12:06, 24th Jun 2009 zombie2279: Yet again, not exactly the most creative move. The effect in the background looks satisfactory, but the blade needs to achieve a way more realistic look. The shading is surprisingly quite good, but you'll have to...

M

12:06, 24th Jun 2009
zombie2279: Yet again, not exactly the most creative move. The effect in the background looks satisfactory, but the blade needs to achieve a way more realistic look. The shading is surprisingly quite good, but you'll have to employ it not only to shade the icon, but combined with highlights to achieve a much more metallish look on the blade, since it looks like some sort of plastic now. The same applies to the hilt. Altogether, it won't be bad if you succeed in fixing the issues mentioned above. Some further details would also come in handy.

Rejected until updated.

10:41, 27th Jun 2009
zombie2279: It still looks like plastic, and the whole sword looks rather generic, despite the gemstone. Try detailing the hilt then achieving a more metallish look with employing highlights.

9:47, 29th Jun 2009
zombie2279: Rejected until updated.

Level 3
Read my review on your blade icon. it applies to this icon as well

and use the UPDATE function. dont re-upload resources

Is this too blurry aswell or do you just mean that it's a common icon? Btw I deleted the past one. I really think this one can be used. And I didn't really understand the 2:nd thing you said. It was something with realism or something like that.
And I haven't re-uploaded anything that I can recall but if I did, I'm sorry.

Or does it just suck? :p

Level 3
Gaaaah I wish I had some creative ideas... But I don't. That's why I made a sword, it was the first thing that came to my mind as an icon.
I just want to make icons but I have nothing to make icons for and I don't want to do stuff for others because I'm not that good yet. *Sigh*