• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Btnstop

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A new icon i made just now , it's meant as a command button but only a 1 icon , no packs.
maybe in further future.

Keywords:
cyniccynic , Stop , command button
Contents

BTNSTOP (Icon)

Reviews
05:09, 23rd Dec 2011 Pyramidhe@d: Why is there blinding light on one corner and why is the middle bar bent? As a sort of a sign or a symbol, this is very confusing.

M

05:09, 23rd Dec 2011
Pyramidhe@d: Why is there blinding light on one corner and why is the middle bar bent? As a sort of a sign or a symbol, this is very confusing.

Level 30
This icon oddly reminds me of this style: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnstop-160384/?prev=search=cancel&d=list&r=20, which means that it lacks shadows and highlights, as well as definitions. Your icon is way too bright, and even after you applied correct bordering to get the Warcraft Feeling, it stands out too much. The background should be black, not gray, since it just kills the icon even more, and it's very plain in the icon's center. I would like to see a more texture on the icon itself, since it's just a yellow circle with some weird shadows all over it. If you want shine, better use soft brushes with low opacity, rather than spam of white color all over the place.

Also, use continuos moves of White and Dark Yellow colors (never black, always darker colors) in a circular motion, in order to get some light source and shadows which are nonexistent on this icon.

Current rating: 2/5 - Lacking
Shadow and Light
4__38644_280.jpg

Bright and lovely appearance
692184054.png

Golden Texture
400_F_25177491_rbIcv2rgRhMAFmPs1JHzRWRnA4ardQCL.jpg

Edit: Oh, and you should change the name to something else, since this will replace the original Stop icon, which someone might need, if it's imported correctly.

Last edited: