• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNStab

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Stab Icon. Just a dagger stabbing something. Enjoy, and please give me credit.

Keywords:
Dagger, Stab, Assassinate, Assassin, Thief, Burglar
Contents

BTNStab (Icon)

Reviews
09:27, 21st Aug 2009 zombie2279: As pointed out already, the blood needs to change. Make it a more splashy, less unrealistic effect, with using a deeper, dark red as a base scheme. The rest is okay. 25th Aug 2009 zombie2279: No changes made...

M

09:27, 21st Aug 2009
zombie2279: As pointed out already, the blood needs to change. Make it a more splashy, less unrealistic effect, with using a deeper, dark red as a base scheme. The rest is okay.

25th Aug 2009
zombie2279: No changes made, rejected until updated.

Level 11
The Blood may seem a bit odd, but hey, you knew it was blood, so I guess it gets the job done. Anyways, I think its good, but I guess I have a bias because I made it.
I guess you really have to see it from this point of view to understand the blood; it's basically spurting out of a wound in every direction possible. That's all I can say to help you like it more.

Level 8
It just looks like your hitting something which instead of blood has chewing gum. Also the angle of the hand is unrealistic. You wouldn't stab someone vertically like that while keeping your hand straight. There just has to be some bend in the arm. Also it really needs a background, I mean a simple gradient would do if you're out of ideas.

Level 11
doesn't look good.

in my opinion the whole icon would be a LOT better if it's rotared so that the knife and arm strike in a steep diagonal.

do that asap

EDIT: Blood looks like some pink rubber o_O

There are other stabbing icons that have already done that angle. Specifically, "Backstab" and "Sacrifice". I chose to do a vertical angle because of that reason.

Make blood a bit more realistic, and make the dagger hit something, like a part of body(chest) now it looks like stabbing a border :p

A lot of the quality on the blood was destroyed when re-sized the image to 64x64. Sorry. Also, adding a part of the body being stabbed would really limit this icon's uses, I think. Suppose you wanted to use this icon for a "Cut Throat" or "Back Stab" ability. You could, because there is no definite thing being stab. All you see in the Icon is that whatever is being attacked is bleeding like a stuck pig, which opens up a world of possibilities for the user of the icon.

Those things above, and a background would be cool.

I considered a background, but thought it would distract to much attention away from the blood, which I wanted to be the main part of this icon.

It just looks like your hitting something which instead of blood has chewing gum. Also the angle of the hand is unrealistic. You wouldn't stab someone vertically like that while keeping your hand straight. There just has to be some bend in the arm. Also it really needs a background, I mean a simple gradient would do if you're out of ideas.

The angle of the hand is very realistic. The original sketch I did has the full arm bent back at the elbow to form a 90 degree angle, which is what you mentioned here in your post. Most of the arm just had to be cut out from the icon. No where in this icon is it implied that the arm is kept straight. It is just unseen.

And to everyone asking me to change the blood, please listen; I will change it because so many people want me to. But please try to understand. I wanted to create something original here. Maybe not what's presented in the icon but the execution of it. I wanted the angle and blood to be different from any other previous icon created. All the other kinds of blood gushes had been done before. I could have simply put a mess of the stuff spurting from the point of impact. But instead, I created a "Splat" blood spew, because I wanted to be unique. I'm sorry if the idea was not taken well. I'll change it to something more conventional.

Last edited:
Level 8
Yeah but that's what I said though. I mean no one would stab while keeping their arm at a 90 degree angle. I think it's very unnatural.

The blood idea itself in not really original, because I have seen this sort in the past. Okie it's not like most of blood, but it's nothing new either. However to make this look good, it would be very hard, because right now it looks plastic. It's because of your color choice/shading. But it's nice that you tried though :)