• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNSpiritBear

This icon is probably an entry to the last icon contest, but because of some circumtances, the icon was posponed !!!

This is the icon counterpart .
feralspirit.gif

ENJOY :) I'm planning to make another one like this . :D

Changelogs:
Saturated a bit.
Add shading to the tongue.
-------------------
~April 9, 2015~
Few Minor changes :)

#SpiritBear

Credits :
Thanks to Sin'dorei300 ...

Keywords:
Bear, Spirit, Summon, Fierce, Animal, Roar, Druid, Nature, Fauna, Earth, Forest, Jungle, Survive, Morph, Shapeshift, Teddy, Pooh tang ina.
Contents

BTNSpiritBear (Icon)

Reviews
21:47, 21st Mar 2015 Sin'dorei300: It looks good and wc3-ish, but it needs some improvements: The glow needs to be smoother, less solid and a bit thicker (in size, like in BTNSpiritWolf). The inside of the mouth could use some shading. Also, the...

M

21:47, 21st Mar 2015
Sin'dorei300: It looks good and wc3-ish, but it needs some improvements:
The glow needs to be smoother, less solid and a bit thicker (in size, like in BTNSpiritWolf).
The inside of the mouth could use some shading.
Also, the overall icon -except the glow- could be a little bit more saturated, like Blizz's wolf one.

22:25, 9th Apr 2015
Sin'dorei300: Warcraft-ish and useful.

Level 30
Fantastic, an excellent replica of the original Blizzard style, and sure as hell useful.

However, I must notice that the original ladder Spirit Wolf icon has a faint bluish touch to the icon, around 25% on the shadows, and very gentle bluish glow around the wolf itself - that's what makes the icon pop, and removes consistency of the purple color from the icon, making it not look plain more you look at it.

Also, Panda made a good statement with which I agree, the upper jaw part seems to have a little off line, and I'm talking about the curve where the jaws meet. It makes the snout look flat, and causing a domino effect of removing the focus from the light source, which is nose and eyes area, downwards towards the jaw, which also features a shadowless tongue. Now, if you take a look at some references, you'll notice that the snout very, very rarely distorts in shape other than nearly a perfect straight line ( https://www.google.rs/search?q=bear...h&sa=X&ei=MhAKVbONEcXsUpjrgHA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ ).

Apart from those tiny issues, I do love this icon and I'll go ahead and shoot it for 4/5. Excellent work.

Level 30
A little tip for following work - if you base an image out of an artwork, there is a great deal of chance something will look off or wrongly proportioned, especially if you're looking at one posture, and drawing another one. Use real life references to save you from falling into the trap :)