• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNRingOfInfiniteGems

Powerfull and mystical Ring Of Infinite Gems. Reference:
RingOfInfiniteGems.jpg

Keywords:
Ring, Gem, Orb, Power
Contents

BTNRingOfInfiniteGems (Icon)

Reviews
02:34, 31st Oct 2011 Pyramidhe@d: Useful
Level 21
Reminds me of that one game on where the colors blink and you need to press the colors in order to win.
Hurrrrr....

Level 30
The background is ruining the entire icon. A faint glow around the ring, in a matching rainbow color or bright one will do better than a black background with weird green lines.
Also, try to surround the gems with thin dark lines, to make them stand out, and also give them heavier highlights, color variations and shadows. Right now, they are quite plain.

Level 30
The background is ruining the entire icon. A faint glow around the ring, in a matching rainbow color or bright one will do better than a black background with weird green lines.
Also, try to surround the gems with thin dark lines, to make them stand out, and also give them heavier highlights, color variations and shadows. Right now, they are quite plain.
Thnx, I get new ideas about the bg

Level 30
attachment.php

To be honest, the first version was kinda... better.
The gems are definitively better now in the way that they attract attention, but they all lost colors. It appears as the colors were replaced by highlights. If you take a close look at your first icon (v1), you will notice one gem that looks much better than others: I am talking about the gentle blue sapphire right bellow the main green one. If you do all the gems in that way, your icon will appear a lot more shinier and valuable. Just make that white spot which is glow a bit more brighter, nothing more. There is one more thing I haven't noticed before, but why it appears to me that the golden part of the ring is too thin? By removing the background, the icon looks plain now. Experiment with some colors and filters, and try to find what suits the icon, but doesn't distract attention from the ring.
I see the direction your skills are going, and I like it.
Go forward and make this icon worthy enough to stand by your name.
Take a look at this icon shading/coloration/highlighting, and try to mimic it's style.
icons_978_btn.jpg

Attachments

• GemChangelog.PNG
    GemChangelog.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 245
Level 14
Heroes of might and magic yayayayayaya
i used to BEG for that artifact because im massing archangels...

Level 14
hmm ring of infinite gems? i think that you should rename it to ring of 12 gems xD
anyway good icon!! 4/5 but it doesn't really look like the one on the reference picture...

It's based on HoMM3's artifact,i guess it's infinite cause once you pull a single gem out,it will restore another in time,that's what it does in the original game,adds +1 gem per day