• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNMysticHalberd

Reactions: crimson fire
An Icon i made because of boredom. Hope you like it.

Keywords:
Mystic, Halberd
Contents

BTNMysticHalberd (Icon)

Reviews
15:05, 12th Sep 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Useful
Level 23
Giving a short review of this icon:

Colour: The basic idea of the colour is nice, it's not a overused red and it's also not a totally uncommon strange colour. So the colour fits decently to other wc3 icons.
What needs to be improved here is the difference between blades colour and BG, you halberd consists of metal I guess so it would be more fitting to give the blade a more metalish - grey look. If you use the same colour as the BG the problem is, that the blade is not that well recognizable. I would suggest to change that and maybe only add some violett reflections onto the blade.
On a second note: I would enlarge the sharpen part of the frontside of the blade to make it more realistic!

Shape: Well it's a halberd, not a really awesome shape, but a standard halberd can for sure have such a shape, however the middle metal part of it looks kinda odd or empty. I would suggest polishing this up with a scrathc, a diamond, a metal square or whatever!
One suggestion here would be to curve the back ending of the halberd's blade a bit more!
The Handle however is well done but needs to stand out of the BG more!

Lightning/Shading: Well this is maybe the part that needs the most improvement: YOu DID shade a part where the blade is really thin! but you let a very plane base of the weapon that has no shading at all! it looks flat and unrealistic that way! By adding something to the middle of it, you should be able to fix that though!
Another thing that still is not pleasing are the highlights you tried to add! YOu did use tooo high opacity white and to thick brushes here. YOu really need to get rid of them!

Background: The background is quite decent it's not tooo eyecandy and on the other hand not that boring aswell... you could however polish it up by a decent shading of the clouds or bubbles or whatever. But have in mind here to not get the whole bg to bright because it should stay a BACKGROUND!

I hope this comment is useful for you to improve your icon!

Good luck and keep it up!

Level 13
yeah, there's a lot of stuff happining around the halberd, and its a little hard to focus on the weapon itself.