1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BTNMOBGlock

Submitted by Mobilize
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Mobilize now brings you...
(please make him stop)

The Glock

This is the first gun icon I've ever made
First I thought that there is already a glock here, but whatever, there is like 500 sword icons here, so one more or less gun wont make a difference.

Okey, I guess that's it...
Any doubt about its freehand %?
its 100. I got a lot of wips, and Ill post them as fast as there is doubt, you know.

Personal note: though I actually told zombie recently that I wasn't going to upload this,
I hope he doesn't care much. Thanks man!

EDIT: removed some of the lines that caused the hacking (or whatever you should call it, lol)
Should be better when the update applies.

EDIT2: Remade the shading part.

Keywords:
glock 11 glock11 gun mobilize horde studios pistol hand handgun
Contents

BTNMOBGlock (Icon)

Reviews
07:56, 6th Aug 2009 oh_snap: Take a look at my review in my post. Please update it as I suggested. oh_snap: Well done, you did what I asked, Recommended.
  1. 07:56, 6th Aug 2009
    oh_snap: Take a look at my review in my post. Please update it as I suggested.

oh_snap: Well done, you did what I asked, Recommended.

2. Mobilize

Mobilize

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    sub.

EDIT: this is without the flashlight, but well, I dont have time to upload it -.-'
    Fullscale art:
    [​IMG]

Thanks.
    ^Mobilize

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  3. TheHunterKiller

TheHunterKiller

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now that's full of awesomeness. Awesome work on this one.

4. Latecat

Latecat

Resources:
    Resources:
    If im correct, you already posted this on hordestudio?
    Anyway, 5/5. Moar modern iconz!

5. Mobilize

Mobilize

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    yeah I posted this on hordestudio first :3
    thanks!

6. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry, but this looks like a CnP.

7. oh_snap

oh_snap

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Aside from the fact that the "glock 11" doesn't exist, the lines on the gun look jagged when reduced. It takes away from the icon as a whole.

~Snap

8. Mobilize

Mobilize

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Two really true things.
    though I for one doesn't think it suck anyway, and your comment was kinda lame.
    I want comments on what to improve, don't just tell me "it sucks and you cant do nothing about it."
    Mod or not, please come with useful comments,
    applies to all.

9. Mobilize

Mobilize

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    double post because of WIP's
    AOP, here you go:
    WIP one

[​IMG]

WIP two

[​IMG]

WIP three

[​IMG]

10. oh_snap

oh_snap

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Yeah, with the "the lines on the gun look jagged when reduced", I assumed you figure out that I want you to fix that up. I guess not.

~Snap

11. Mobilize

Mobilize

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    nope. because I dont know how.
    and since you got no idea either it seems, I cant do nothing about it.

Im not trying to be an asshole, even if this kinda makes me one,
    I'm just requesting useful comments.

^Mobilize

12. oh_snap

oh_snap

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    The highlights and shading is extremely random. Bright spots appearing at the top left corner of parts of the weapon are not how any light source would look like. I would suggest you look at real life pictures, and try to understand how light looks shining on something and how the shadows are formed based on the light. The gun itself doesn't have any texture to it, and when reduced simply looks like a gradient was applied, also due to how the highlights and shadows are placed. See how zombie's glock has a texture feel to it:
    [​IMG]
    Which also brings up a couple other points. Your gun doesn't have nice defined lines, as a gun is made out of metal. For that I suggest you zoom in a helluva lot, and draw the lines. To fix the rugged look of the lines, take a 2 pixel brush and make a thin outline with it. Now, here comes the second point: There's already a glock icon in the section. Now, there is absolutely no unique factor from yours compared to the one already in the database. They both depict the same exact weapon they both are gray. Yours is not as good as quality as the one currently in the database, as well.

You mentioned that there's 500 sword icons, and the reason they are approved are because they are not the same as the others. I would suggest you try a different angled perspective, or give this glock a silver slide. Or even show the gun firing a bullet. The glow simply distracts away from the gun as it is the same or a similar color to the gun itself. I would suggest you get rid of it, or simply find a color that looks good.

The proportions of the gun are also off, for that, I suggest you use a reference and try to mimic it more closely. Glock magazines also go straight across from the bottom of the grip, and don't stick out as profusely as your drew it. The slide is far too long, the trigger grip not wide enough. The slide of the gun is metallic, and the grip and the rest of the gun are made out of a plastic polymer, so those parts should be of a darker gray. The thumb grip doesn't stick out as much either. The front sight of the gun is too far forward aswell. I would suggest overall that you use this as reference:

[​IMG]

~Snap

13. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All im saying is the gun looks too sharp and smooth to be freehand. But idk.

14. Mobilize

Mobilize

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I've already posted WIP's
    It's not CnP, 100% freehand.

15. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well ill believe you this time.

16. expazatrix

expazatrix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm... I don't know, you could of easily cartoonified a real image of a gun.

17. Mobilize

Mobilize

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    you its actually a funny thing, because in all the pictures, it sais "MOB" somewhere.
    cookie for you if you find out.

18. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    You know what you CnP fanatics.... this gun ain't a CnP and you must be really blind to NOT notice that.

it's a freehand, a bit poorly shaded, but freehand.

so if you can't post creative and constructive criticism, the GTFO from here.

19. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Misha, for one (Calm down..) and secondly for a glance this does look like a gun if you simply just Google it as of the straight lines and nice edges as a everyday gun has. so i suggest you all wait for Either Zombie, or Oh_Snap too deal with this.