• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNMOBBirdofEnergy

Reactions: deepstrasz
This doesn't look good AT ALL in a picture.
it looks decent in-game, trust me.
And, I make really simple buttons 'til I get more inspiration.

This is a "Bird of Energy" button, made for and with Aaron79
----------------
And to make this clear it is made 100% freehand with no premade things (gimp's tool palette doesn't count!)
----------------
Please, don't rate it or comment it until you tried it in-game, preferred with the bird of energy spell
Thanks.

Saturday, August 1st, 2009
Remade the bird, undeleted and updated.
Hopefully it looks more realistic now, though its a little bit small.

Sunday August, 2nd, 2009
Higher quality.

^Mobilize
Contents

BTNMOBBirdofEnergy (Icon)

Reviews
11:43, 24th Jun 2009 zombie2279: Further zoom in on the bird and then detail it. It's hardly visible otherwise. Once done, increase the quality of the effect around it aswell, it's rather plain and lacks sufficient color variations and highlights...

M

11:43, 24th Jun 2009
zombie2279: Further zoom in on the bird and then detail it. It's hardly visible otherwise. Once done, increase the quality of the effect around it aswell, it's rather plain and lacks sufficient color variations and highlights.

Rejected until updated.

8:22, 4th Aug 2009
zombie2279: Definitely enough changes made, the bird's shape looks good now. It's quite a shameful fact that the whole point of this icon (Bird of energy) is now lost. It's a bit too crowded and the details of the face are a bit missing, but I guess it's useful. 3,5.

Level 35
Note that too cartoonish icons usually don't get approved unless they're of really high quality. Mentioning that the object is supposed to be cartoony is not an excuse for lacking detail, as you see there are quality factors taken into account when such icons are made aswell.

So, about the icon: Use a bit stronger contrast, the outlines blend in too much with the background and afterwards try to give the object (in this case the bird) some more details that should decrease the blurryness aswell. Highlights are only to be seen on top of the wing, which is not enough. You will have to put more emphasis on detailing the shaing aswell. Don't forget to detail the glow, make it more visible and use a better variation of blue.

Level 10
lol it was not an excuse, I just said its supposed to be cartoonish.
if you have anything else to say (like highlights and brightness/contrast) Ill gladly remake it.
"its way too cartoonish", really, how am I supposed to change anything if its supposed to be cartoonish?
Thanks zombie.

^Mobilize

Level 35
The head is still rather blurred, along with the left wing, which is not in the foreground. The glow is also a bit generic, use more color variations, I pretty much liked the blue glow with black background. That soft red-pinkinsh color scheme is meh. You're improving it nicely though.