• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNmanaharvest

Reactions: Legeon and Ićpomp
This is a recolor of the Troll Regeneration ability. I recolored it a while ago for my dark troll campaign. All credits to Blizzard. Enjoy.

Keywords:
mana, dark, troll, water, regeneration, purple, blue, shadow, birth
Contents

BTNmanaharvest (Icon)

Reviews
23:33, 22nd Aug 2011 enjoy: Might be useful.
Level 19
The rating is out of my hands. Also, if it were only about the ratings than the argument should state so. The rating was only half of his complaint.

No offense to any freehand artists talents but some modders prefer warcrafts art style. Thats why whenever I work on a map I use all original icons and recolor the ones that need it.

Once again Usefulness is Usefulness.

Level 25
No offense to any freehand artists talents but some modders prefer warcrafts art style. Thats why whenever I work on a map I use all original icons and recolor the ones that need it.

Once again Usefulness is Usefulness.

Agree. I do the same thing, and sometimes I search for old approved recolored ones.
Most of the recolored ones are more useful than most of what hive has to offer when it comes to map making.

Hmm... So my very useful recolor + 30% freehand skin which was found very useful to users of hive was rejected due to a large portion of it being recolor, while a simple icon with full recolor and no freehand, not even any usefulness, is approved. Hive is really going downhill by accepting so many recolors. IMO there needs to be a new section for people to upload recolor+CnP separately, so that people who wants it can use it without it cluttering up the resource sections, making it difficult to find high-quality works.

Trax, the fact is that this has no use; it doesn't even look much different from the original.
And, I was not "whining" about my rejected skin; I was giving an example to prove how strict hive used to be about re-colors, and that it needs to go back to being strict.

You are right, there should be A cnp, recolor area. cause ive have also made skins. and it is difficult sometimes. I need to learn.

can you do one for ice trolls?

Recolors aren't allowed anymore; an exception was made during a one-week period, or so.

Besides, Ice Troll would require more than just recolor; it would require some actual freehand around the edges, as they look different, and I'm not entirely sure if Trax is capable of freehand, as his only submissions were a few recolors the day that they were accepted.