• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNMagGoldenBow3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This icon was made by me (DUH) -Magtheridon96

I based it on the Eaglehorn in DotA. (I don't know how i happened to imagine it this way :p)

Although it's based on the icon of the Eaglehorn, it is QUITE different.

Credits:

CRAZYRUSSIAN: 2d Art Tutorials

If you have any suggestions on how i can improve this icon, please post them.

UPDATE: I fixed the shading and made it look closer to 3D

UPDATE: I did the best i could to fix it as requested :)
I think it's much better now. Also, i fixed a few problems with shading.

UPDATE2: I fixed the color tones. Now the color is much closer to Gold. I also fixed the shading, so now the Bow actually looks like it's made of actual gold (I hope so :p)

Keywords:
Bow, Golden, Arrow, Night Elf, Elf, Eaglehorn, Eagle, Archer, Archery, Blood Elf, Elven, Gold, Eagle.
Contents

BTNMagGoldenBow3 (Icon)

Reviews
22:39, 3rd Mar 2011 Pyramidhe@d: This is terrible. Lopsided and poor colour choice and weak shading.

M

22:39, 3rd Mar 2011
Pyramidhe@d: This is terrible. Lopsided and poor colour choice and weak shading.

Its not perfect but a great start. You got the structure down, but definitely add some shading all over. Try looking at a 3d object in real life for reference. Find a light source and go to work.

An updated, shaded version has a 5/5 from me.

Oh, and you could mirror the icon so its not basically the same exact one as the Blizzard Icon that is Eaglehorn in DotA.

Thanks for the advice :) I'm doing my best to fix this icon, and knowing that all i have left is the shading makes me feel better :D I'm working on it right now.

EDIT: I finished editing the icon. I toned the yellow done a bit, so now it looks like actual gold and i fixed the shading ... again

EDIT2: Change of Plans. Sorry guys but i can't upload the icon because ... well... it's a very long story, but let's just say that my USB (that i use to transfer files between my MAC and Windows Partitions since the volume on Windows is greater than 32 GB thus not FAT), is well... "OCCUPIED" .. yeah that works. Anyways, i won't be able to update this icon until at least Wednesday (Maybe Tuesday if i'm lucky) (NOTE: My timezone is GMT+2)

Last edited: