• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Btnm16

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Oh...well...never thought I'd be on the other end of this.

This is my first attempt at making an icon, and I decided to tackle a M16 rifle since I did not like Zombie's due to the glow around the weapon. This was done free-hand in GIMP.

If this gets approved and you use it, please give credits to me. Thank you.

Update v.1: Created a new icon. Gun is flipped and more of the gun is showing.
Update v.2: Darkened the new icon.

Keywords:
Modern Warfare, M16, Rifle, Gun
Contents

BTNM16 (Icon)

Reviews
18:42, 26th Dec 2009 Pyramidhe@d: No visible changes made.

M

18:42, 26th Dec 2009
Pyramidhe@d: No visible changes made.

Level 5
Aww...I'll take that as a compliment because it looks like one.

But I swear on the life of me, this is 100% freehand. Trust me, it'd be much, much, much better if I had traced it or it was a CnP. This may or may not hurt me in my case, but here is the photo I used for reference.

M4A1a.jpg

But yes, the image did get blurry during my resizing. That was a messy process for me.

Level 5
There is one way to prove it is not cnp.... Make another gun icon, the same style, and make WIPs along the way.

*Sigh.* Well, I'm not working on a gun right now, but I am working on a helmet.

What I was thinking is someone overlap the reference picture I provided with my icon. Maybe it'll work.

If it fits it means this:

To me: I did a wonderful job.
To everyone else: CnP

But thank you for the advice.

resizing your icon is one of the worst things you could do >:|
it doesnt count as a WiP and it just makes everyone suspicious

that being said, i think i can believe that this is your own work as you have said. about 55% of me believes that.
there is however one little thing that bugs me. let me remind you now that CnP is against the rules and if confirmed to be CnP, your icon will result in warning or a punishment.
for now, work on improving this icon. that includes what army of panda have just said.

Level 5
resizing your icon is one of the worst things you could do >:|
it doesnt count as a WiP and it just makes everyone suspicious

that being said, i think i can believe that this is your own work as you have said. about 55% of me believes that.
there is however one little thing that bugs me. let me remind you now that CnP is against the rules and if confirmed to be CnP, your icon will result in warning or a punishment.
for now, work on improving this icon. that includes what army of panda have just said.

Thank you, but I think i'm just going to take this and start over completely. But what could I do to make it more...vibrant? I certainly don't want this gun to be pink and green. Would a glow against a black background be "vibrant"?

Level 5
I just updated my icon, this is a new version. If there is still any wondering about the authenticity of this icon, I took proper WIPs
I also made a version with a "blue" glow around the weapon, if this icon is still too messy with the neutral colors against neutral colors.

Level 5
Okay, well, the large picture needs a lot more shadong and Highlights, and some of it is curved making the gun look bent. You should try to copy the color and shading of the reference pic of the first icon.

Okay, seems good. I'm aware of the bending problem because, as you can see, it is really obvious. Thank you, I'll work on this soon, or in a while...etc.