1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BTNLigtntingShockWave

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Lightning shock wave. Original icon by Blizzard.
[​IMG] => [​IMG]

Keywords:
blizzard, shock, wave, lightning
Contents

BTNLigtntingShockWave (Icon)

Reviews
14:18, 8th Nov 2012 I3lackDeath: [x] Original Blizzard Icon with too less freehand work to be approved separately. [x] Approved due to usefulness, (alternative) authors changed.
  1. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If he were to entirely remove the fire part of the shockwave, rather than recoloring it, and make the entire lightning shockwave part himself, while having the same axe, would that be approvable to you?

2. I3lackDeath

I3lackDeath

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The problem with this particular icon of Blizzard is that there is not much to play around with.
    Your best bet would be to change the axe aswell as slightly alter the effect to fit the needs, as that would surely cover enough freehand content.

If one chose to stick to editing the effect, one wouldn't reach 50% freehand content. The axe itself poses around 60% of content for this icon.

3. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    well, yeah recolor and few edits... but hmmm... useful... maybe you could modify the axe a bit... :)

4. Praytic

Praytic

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    If i edit the axe, i will fail the whole icon for sure.

5. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Draw some lightning on the edge of the axe, just to add more freehand.

6. Praytic

Praytic

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Maybe moderators allow to save this icon and rename the author to Blizzard?

7. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I surely hope so. This is way too good/useful to get removed...

8. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If icons like [thread=202171]this[/thread] and [thread=202333]this[/thread] are fine, then certainly exceptions can be made for icons such as this, considering how it is extremely useful, and if the axe were freehanded, it would no longer be useful, since the usefulness is due to it having the same axe, and being able to match with the other icon.

Of course, I'm just some random member who doesn't have any authority or reputation, and anything I say has no significance, but due to this situation, I do have a bit of a suggestion:

What if the rules are amended, so that resources that do not meet freehand requirements can be voted on by all moderators in the corresponding resource section, to determine whether or not they are useful enough to be worth making an exception to the rules, requiring a 99% consensus (at least all but one vote yes), in order to ensure that such exceptions are not often made?

Of course, this is not the appropriate place to actually make that decision, so I'll be repeating the above suggestion in Site Discussion.

9. I3lackDeath

I3lackDeath

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Alrighty, we could do this as follows:

We may approve this, but set the original author (which means, the uplaoder) to "Blizzard", while you will be noted as the alternative author.

Any objections/other suggestions?

10. JollyD

JollyD

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think this can be approved that way. Minimum freehand here, but icon can be useful. So I suggest to approve it if will be matched your criterias.

11. Praytic

Praytic

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I agree with this.

12. I3lackDeath

I3lackDeath

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Alrighty, approved.

13. twistedfate08

twistedfate08

Resources:
    Resources:
    very useful!
    5/5

14. Siryan

Siryan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Before someone goes all-out for hours trying to make an awesome REAL Shockwave (because Blizzard's makes no sense being fire), all you have to do in the World Editor/NewGen is navigate to the spell 'Shockwave' and look for where it says 'Art - Missile,' and replace THAT with the 'Thunderclap' animation. Normally the lightning effect would stay in the area of the POSITION of the unit casting it BUT when used as Missile Art, for some reason it sends out the lightning effect in the direction casted. Not only that, doing it this way literally lives up to the proper description of this spell; the ground ripples and it causes a lightning shock effect.

Sometimes you have to play around with things in the Editor that seem like it won't make sense, but somehow makes sense, especially when it comes to animations. You'd be surprised with what you can do without using people's custom animations here on Hive and unnecessarily making your map bigger than it has to be.

Anyway, hope that helps!

15. Siryan

Siryan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know this is an old post but, I took a look at the commentaries here, saw yours, and the solution to making an awesome/feasible Shockwave spell look like an actual shock (not fire) is to replace the Shockwave's missile art with 'Thunderclap.' This makes the lightning effect of thunderclap go outward and doesn't stay in the position of where the unit is standing. It also causes a literal ripple effect as said in Blizzard's tooltip of 'Shockwave' with the ground cracking, etc.