• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNLightning

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

BTNLightning

Created by x-omg-x

My newest creation. Its basically a lightning coming down from the sky and hits the water.
It seems unfinished to me, but i really dont know what to put in. If you have any ideas, then please post them here. Any feedback/advices is more than welcome.

Enjoy, give credits if used and do not distribute my work!

Keywords:
light, lightning, thunder, sky, water, weather, icon, wc3, x-omg-x
Contents

BTNLightning (Icon)

Reviews
22:00, 26th Dec 2009 enjoy: Way too cartoonish and most of the icon is black. You should change that. Try look at some tutorials, maybe on www.deviantart.com, about how to draw lightning.

M

22:00, 26th Dec 2009
enjoy: Way too cartoonish and most of the icon is black. You should change that. Try look at some tutorials, maybe on www.deviantart.com, about how to draw lightning.

Level 16
Seas =)

* I agree with hell gate. If you look outside and see lightnings, you will know the difference between your icon and the true lightnings =)
* The lightning needs a better color - something white
* Need a better ground - you can use your water ground, but you need a better view of lightnings in the water.
* If you use the water, you should add maybe a second lightning in the background and don't leave the background black, maybe add a light gray or something like that.

==========
Rating: No Rating
- Why: Because the icon looks like a first try of "How create an icon". I also don't rate it, because I want see some changes at the icon. Else if you leave this icon as it is, I also will rate it in some days!

Note: Everything I said is nothing against the icon, yourself or your work. It's only a personal comment, how I think about this icon.

Level 31
ok, to make things looks like light or anything that is making light, u need to use White, to make lightning, u need to do a rly white stripe with a colored glow, and then, u can use the smudge to do tendrils on the lightning. (i think its smudge but im not sure cuz my gimp isnt in english (but the icon of it is a little hand in gimp)).