• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNLichKing

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Well...uh...ta-daa the Lich King, converted a picture from google to a blp file to use as an icon.
Contents

BTNLichKing (Icon)

Reviews
21:20, 20th Jul 2013 Ralle: Copyright infringement.
Level 31
Hmmm, some information probably haven't been updated because when I push Upload New Icon and read rules, it says:

Freehand Content

All icons must be at least 50% freehand created. Non-freehand techniques include mirroring, cloning (or brute cloning, as in clear copy-paste), recoloring, resizing, rotating and tracing.

Anyway, this is bound to be rejected.

How do we know he didn't create the image freehand and then post it to google where he found it again and made an icon out of it?

because he confesed,read the description, and what you state is reaally twisted
@abgm: I know, I was only kidding. It was from a Foxtrot cartoon where the kid got in trouble with a teacher for plagiarizing his paper from wikipedia. The kids response was, "how do you know I didn't write the wikipedia article?" He got his grade bumped up for it. Anyway, this icon will be rejected soon enough, so don't worry. The rules are safe. :)

Last edited:
Level 2
I really don't care if this is rejected or if it stays pending forever. I just wanted to provide players with a nice Lich King icon so I really don't care what you say Roland. At least Im trying to contribute to Hive rather than insulting a kid.

Intriguing, another thread that proves that things are so easy to get out of hand...

Phrike, blunt copypasted material is not acceptable around here, even if this is a book cover created by Blizzard Entertainment itself.
As far as the Icon Submission Rules go, only original <icons> (yes, finished icons) created by Blizzard Entertainment are acceptable, not other artwork created by them which was converted to icons by a third party.

If you really want to contribute to the resource sections, try creating resources yourself (as for icons, draw them yourself).

Alternatively, you can just create a thread within the Texturing & Surfacing forum and provide these kind of icons there.
This doesn't collide with any of the rules here, as far as I know.

And just a sidenote:
The face should be moved more to the left in order for it to be perfectly centered.

Level 2
offtopic: i saw Roland comment and i didnt see anything bad,

users are free to vote for pending and rejection
I read it and re-read it and i dont see it, also i used the translator.
a double meaning?
with my words is like: this icon is too good for the pending section(like a compliment) or this icon should be in the pending section(in the real meaning)
in both case i dont see bad.
i think something has been missunderstanded. I still dont get the problem

this comment wasnt acurate,unecesary flaming, vote for pending and rejection is allowed, and reasons have been given as the work hasnt free-hand

he didnt insulted, vote for pending or rejection forms part of the free will of the users as this is an open forum where work can be criticized in the way of vote for approve, pending and rejection

editing post: is not fan art but...

interesting links of this icon
http://www.fantasy-fan.org/index.php/News/2009/10/11/Arthas-Rise-of-the-Lich-King/

is from a writer, Christie Golden, a writer that worked in star trek,star wars,starcraft and wow,
the icon belongs to a front of a book, editorial Pocket Books

World of Warcraft: Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, Pocket Books, May 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christie_Golden

im not talking about Blizzard copyrights, is about Cristie Golden and Pocket Books too

i say
rejection to avoid problems, also doesnt have freehand and bla bla bla

edit 2: i send word to Ralle, i think he should see this legal situation

edit 3:
as far i know, edit blizzard icons is allowed with the 50% free hand, but this is not an icon is a book front were there is an author (Cristie Golden) and an editorial(Pocket Books)
is same as make an icon of any book front, you will have this legal problem

1. I already gave credit to Blizzard (Check, it will say "by Blizzard Entertainment") so it's not illegal
2. Noticed positioning the LK without ruler
3. Already considered possibility of it being fan art

You guys are incredible, really.

So what if this is <fanart> ? You don't get to copypaste and distribute it publicly either fucking way.
It is not your original work. Copypasting and submitting it here is equal to claiming ownership of something you don't own, nor have the right to multiply and distribute.
Additionally, I already explained that only <original icons> created by Blizzard Entertainment are acceptable submissions.

We could ask blizzard?
That's so naive that it's almost cute. As if you would ever receive an actual answer...