• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNInvokerblp

Keywords:
Invoker, dota, 2, spell, hero, jedi, kael, high elf, elf, wex, alacrity, spirit forge, chaos meteor
Contents

BTNInvokerblp (Icon)

Assets
Reviews
17:23, 25th Jan 2016 Apheraz Lucent: Please link the corresponding skin resource with this icon - it's a must for rules. 17:06, 26th Mar 2016 GhostThruster: corresponding resource approved.

M

17:23, 25th Jan 2016
Apheraz Lucent: Please link the corresponding skin resource with this icon - it's a must for rules.

17:06, 26th Mar 2016
GhostThruster: corresponding resource approved.

Roland

R

Roland

It looks like he's had a stroke.
You made me chuckle painfully.

I like your imitation of the original Invoker drawing, but needs more realism on that icon and some shading. Thus the eyes looks like he had stroke or Gran mal epilepsy.

It looks like a fat girl cosplaying Invoker.

How did you know? Ah, is was because of the duck-face?

I will edit it again. Everyone is such a critic. Faces are freaking hard, but I see everyone's points and will see if I can't do more to touch it up.

EDIT: Fixes in. Now, is that any better? No more duckface, no more hospital patient look?

Stronger nose line, less prominent lips, higher collar, shorter chins, all new touches on shadows and highlights.

Last edited:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

slightly looks better than before. i am not quite sure, but i think that hair need to be more thicker.

Hmmm, I can do that, but I want to do it right. Do you mean behind the ear so as to extend the back of his head?

If you see the reference image it looks like his hair is thinner in front but a bit more shows behind his ear. Is this where we are talking about it needing to be thicker?

Anyway, changed it ... what is the verdict?

Attachments

• Invoker4.png
    Invoker4.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Level 22
Hmmm, I can do that, but I want to do it right. Do you mean behind the ear so as to extend the back of his head?

If you see the reference image it looks like his hair is thinner in front but a bit more shows behind his ear. Is this where we are talking about it needing to be thicker?

Anyway, changed it ... what is the verdict?

Better than the previous in my opinion :thumbs_up:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

yep, looks better with the current hair.

edit : oh, and the new face looks better too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
I am not fan of something like this being approved. Why redrawing something you can cut out of original image and make that an icon, this is pretty useless in my honest opinion.

If , as you stated in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnforgespirit-273134/ you "wanted to make icons for Invoker's spells." then you could just crop the images off of the original piece, instead of heavily referencing them to Dota 2 icons by basically redrawing them. Or you could make completely new ones that would still keep something in them from the original pieces of Dota 2 but not being so simillar to them.

I am not fan of something like this being approved. Why redrawing something you can cut out of original image and make that an icon, this is pretty useless in my honest opinion.

If , as you stated in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons-541/btnforgespirit-273134/ you "wanted to make icons for Invoker's spells." then you could just crop the images off of the original piece, instead of heavily referencing them to Dota 2 icons by basically redrawing them. Or you could make completely new ones that would still keep something in them from the original pieces of Dota 2 but not being so simillar to them.

I understand your point and it is valid. Cut & Paste is not allowed in the forum so I re-drew them from scratch to look just like the originals. It's not original at all.

However, I disagree that it is not useful. Having a pack like this is what modding is all about. Someone might want Invoker icons but not know how to make them. Also, if someone wanted to make an Invoker Campaign they wouldn't want to c&p icons because it borders on copyright violation (redrawing does not) and it would be very obvious. There is a whole Dota2 remake for TFT. I think it is a bit silly to copy the whole game since it is free on Steam, but having certain pieces of it makes sense. Modding is copying anyway. We are using the same models when we re-skin. We often use the same terrains for altered melee. Every time someone makes a map they are copying much of Blizzard's proprietary code. Originality does not amount to usefulness. Maybe someone uses the Invoker character to be the main hero in a new game with a new style of gameplay. Icons are a very small piece of the puzzle. So it's fine if you are not a fan, but don't vote against approval because someone else might want to use it. We don't get members and get to have a great site like the Hive by only approving things one person likes. It's for everyone.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

there's a great wall of china between "There's lots of people trying to be funny on this thread" and "I don't like your icon."

well, i am just guessing. what do you think is funny with the people in this thread?

Ok, that was fun ... now what do people think of Invoker with the new changes? He's recovered from the stroke and his cosplay double went home. He's here and he has orbs. What does everyone think? Also, has anyone checked the sample map with the skin and icon set all together with imported voice set?

edit.gif
:

New version with perpendicular axis - updated!

Last edited: