• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNHopliteHelmetUPG1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I don't know if anyone noticed, but I haven't uploaded any icons for ages.
And I don't know wether anyone's been missing my icon art either, but I am allowed to hope so :)
Anyways, now that I've got my project up and going, I'll be making some icons on the sideline. So here I come with my (more or less) epic return!
A three tiered upgrade picturing some Hoplite/Phalanx/Spartan/Whatever helmet.
First of all, I'd like to say DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT HISTORY AND LORE MISTAKES! 'Cause they will be ignored, as I couldn't care less right now. I care about your criticism towards the icons, not their cultural background. Bitches.
Then, I'd like to say that I couldn't be arsed to draw with my tablet, so this is made with the mouse. Gogo Line / Curve tool! :D

This is the first tier of the upgrade set.

Keywords:
Spartan, Phalanx, Hoplite, Helmet
Contents

BTNHopliteHelmetUPG1 (Icon)

Reviews
22:37, 17th Sep 2009 oh_snap: Not a bad concept. The main issue is that the colors are not blended well, and the object doesn't really have much definition. Also, the glow looks like a blob in the background. Same goes for the other ones aswell...

M

22:37, 17th Sep 2009
oh_snap: Not a bad concept. The main issue is that the colors are not blended well, and the object doesn't really have much definition. Also, the glow looks like a blob in the background. Same goes for the other ones aswell.

oh_snap: Rejected until updated.

Level 11
Probably not my best icons ever...
And I don't know wether I will bother to fix these.
So in case you really really like them, make sure you download them as quick as possible, as they might not show up again should they be rejected by a moderator.

PS: Yes, I know the helmet in T1 is a bit off-set towards the center of the icon. Trust me, it looked really bad when it was at the same height of the other tiers without having the decorative fan thingie ^^
167459-albums2003-picture17799.jpg
167459-albums2003-picture17800.jpg
167459-albums2003-picture17801.jpg