• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

BTNGlasswinghelmet

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hello again HW! Second try here, thought id make a helmet since id like HW to have more variation.

Guess it could work for holy spells too maybe :S

well Paths:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNGlasswinghelmet.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNGlasswinghelmet.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\ATCGlasswinghelmet.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISATCGlasswinghelmet.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\PASGlasswinghelmet.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASGlasswinghelmet.blp

Made by:
Ithladir

Keywords:
Helm, helmet, holy, item, spell.
Contents

BTNGlasswinghelmet (Icon)

Reviews
02:19, 15th Oct 2009 enjoy: It looks very flat, and it lacks definition, highlights, and shading. The helmet seems alittle transparent? Well, I can see that you have made the back of the helmet show, inside it.. That is good, but because of the...

M

02:19, 15th Oct 2009
enjoy: It looks very flat, and it lacks definition, highlights, and shading. The helmet seems alittle transparent? Well, I can see that you have made the back of the helmet show, inside it.. That is good, but because of the shading and definition is lacking, it is really hard to see. Define it much more and more shading. The buttom thingy in the middle, is c'n'p and that is not allowed on the site. Make it in freehand next time. Post your next icon, in the texturing forum, to get peoples opinion, before uploading it in the icon section.

Level 3
interesting...using the same colour and texture as the bg but defining using different opacity....quite clever
my suggestion for the blurryness is to do the original one without the blackline, resize then put the black lines in the resized version

THANK YOU :grin: First one to tell me a probable solution for the blurryness!
And yeah thought some about the BG ^^ though i think it works :grin:

my otehr conccern is that you would put more 3-D like tone and reflective shines

Hmm yeah, that is something i could work on!

Level 8
Work on shadings. Inside helm should be darker then outside - light cant leak in through the helm. But if it should be a glass helm its not necessary but as it had been told you should change texture of the helm, just make it more glossy, more as glass.

Level 3
Work on shadings. Inside helm should be darker then outside - light cant leak in through the helm.

Well, it's quite the point for the light TO leak through the helmet and i was actually thinking in the holy direction when i made it so it might just be me not describing it properly. And it is darker inside the helmet maybe just not enough according to some.

But if it should be a glass helm its not necessary but as it had been told you should change texture of the helm, just make it more glossy, more as glass.

Well I understand that it should be more glossy and i guess that's what pyramidhead want's me to do as well.

The present texture is the simply the light from the BG, just made the BG darker to not make the helmet blend together with it.

Level 3
Blury and also I dont think the stone at helmet is drawed. I wud say it is CnPed. It is too much detailed for image.

Yes, well i finally know why my blp images are blurry! It's becouse of the BLPConverter i use. Since i tried with other formats in same scale and they all look like they should (like in my signature).
And yes the stone isn't drawn and hmm yeah i could do something about that if it seems necessary.

Seems nice. i would say to brighten it up in places since when its 64*64 it looses some shine towards the helm.

Hmm ok thanks, I'll try that.