• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNGDPunchSythe3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Finaly i'm back :D

Just some PunchSythes :) - enjoy
(this one have a pas as the only one since its the only one i see fitting a spell/ability.

* Updates 1.1 *
- Gave the Glowing effect less spread
- Added a Reflecting Bling on the blade
- Gave the white on the edge a little more Contrast
- Increased the Size of the handle

Keywords:
sythe, punch, dagger, stap, weapon, tool.
Contents

BTNGDPunchSythe3 (Icon)

Reviews
16:20, 4th Nov 2014 Sin'dorei300: If on the other icon(with the same subject) some omissions aren't payed so much attention, in this one(coz of the effect) those omissions are more observable. Namely, that handle thingy isn't proper shaded, that...

M

16:20, 4th Nov 2014
Sin'dorei300: If on the other icon(with the same subject) some omissions aren't payed so much attention, in this one(coz of the effect) those omissions are more observable.
Namely, that handle thingy isn't proper shaded, that happens in others icons of urs too.
It seems like u made them in a hurry and u're no longer interested to improve them. That explains why ur icons have a low rating.
Regarding this icon, the first version looks better than the current one.
The main problem is that your effect looks too solid, so I gave u some examples of Blizzard icons(which i wouldn't dare to criticize). Try to rework that effect, to look less solid.
If u are intrested in obtaining better results, read some tutorials, observe other works showing an effect similar to the one that u wanted to draw and practice.
Awaiting update.

Level 24
This one is by far my favorite here we have some details going on in the background but as with both others the blade seems a little simpler than it needs to be and I think it would look a lot better with some more details put into it.

wasn't ment for an upgrade but rather as different version depending how powerfull you needed the item to be - the blank background would be standard weapon, while blue would be magical and this green flamed one would be cursed, enchanted or just very powerfull..
but i could make 2 others that focus also on the blade's improvement and not just the background

Level 24
wasn't ment for an upgrade but rather as different version depending how powerfull you needed the item to be

Still it's the same item just of different versions so it seems like people who use all of them might see it as upgrades rather than individual items.

- the blank background would be standard weapon, while blue would be magical and this green flamed one would be cursed, enchanted or just very powerfull..

I'm not complaining about the blank background on the first and second I just said I appreciate the details put in here. Some icons are better left with a blank background actually.

but i could make 2 others that focus also on the blade's improvement and not just the background

Yes that was the main concern I had, ad some more details to make it stand out more and show of your skill.

Last edited:

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
First, for the background i would have the green effect fade off like an aura instead of just stopping at one point. It would look more cool and more warcraft-ish. Secondly, as for the blade it doesn't seem very sharp in my option, i would make that white part at the top of the blade sharper and add white shines to indicate its very sharp. Lastly, the wooden handle seems very small (width) not length, i would make it thicker so its reasonable for a orc or whoever to handle it.

Oh, no!

->
icons_17652_btn.jpg

Some examples that might help u:
Blizz icons

de918d076fa0ed2f89c6c53f01fa4136_90969.png
7feeebf7b0510a9bdfdb9d23fb084ee4_90968.jpg

Thanks for the advice but i can't see what is wrong with mine - can you be a little more specific about what i need to change?

The Panda said somethin i could use and i tried to do what he tould me needed to be done.

PS. The new blizzard icons are kinda bad compared to the old ones if you ask me. None of thise icons really have that sharp egde. and the background rarely fits the icon well. but thats my opinion.