• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNFireStorm

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Uploaded: 21:05, 15th Nov 2012
Last Updated: 21:08, 15th Nov 2012
Keywords: shock, wave, lightning
Type: Spell / Ability
Category: Orc, Night Elf, Human, Undead, Dwarf, Naga, Nerubian, Pandaren, High Elf, Blood Elf, Other, Goblin, Creep, Troll, Mechanical, Tauren, Demon, Murlocs\Mur'gul, Draenei, Gnolls

Hello this is my new icon!
That requires :BTN file
DISBTN file
ATC file
DISATC file
I will be happy for any support like comment => MORE ICONS D:

Keywords:
Spell,BTN,DISBTN,spell,fire,storm,unit,orc,human,creep,undead,night elf
Contents

BTNFireStorm (Icon)

Reviews
I3lackDeath Awaiting UpdateDate: 2012/Nov/20 16:02:12 Reasons:For one of your first icons, this holds potential. Check my comment for tips on how to tweak the momma out of this. Also, you might find some 2d Art Tutorials in our Tutorials...

M

I3lackDeath

Awaiting Update
[tr]
Date:
2012/Nov/20 16:02:12
Reasons:
For one of your first icons, this holds potential.
Check my comment for tips on how to tweak the momma out of this.
Also, you might find some 2d Art Tutorials in our Tutorials Section very useful.​

Staff Contact

What's with the sudden spam of unacceptable icons by various users?

Read some Tutorials and get some Help.

Still, though, compared to the last 5 icons that other people've uploaded, this one is definitely better.

Edit: I suppose I was a bit overly-judgmental on this one. It's not that bad, really. It would look pretty good as some sort of red ion cannon or fire laser beam from the sky. Just not as a firestorm.

3/5.

Last edited:
As I said in my moderation, this definitely holds potential.

• You have created a fine base image, but you want to add something special to it, to make it actually look like flames / fire.

• First, you want to grab an idea on what shape you want to apply to the missing effect here.
    You definitely need an effect, as a simple beam is way too boring and common for anyone to find real use for it.
    You don't have to be very precise when drawing this, you basically need the main colours and the rough shape to work with.

My tip: If you use Photoshop, definitely make use of the "Liquify" filter, you can produce great results that way.
    Try applying it several times if you are not satisfied.

• You can also tweak the colours by either slight HUE-Changes, paired with Colour Balancing, or you can create another layer, set to "Color". That way, you can easily "recolour" parts of your icon easily and efficiently.

• Finally, don't forget to run a Sharpen filter (I always use "Smart Sharpen" filter and set it to anywhere near 20-30%, depending on the needs).

I attached a make-over of this icon of yours, showing you the potential it holds and what you can get out of it.

Note that this is just attached for demonstration purposes!

Attachments

• !_BTNSolarBeamDemonstration.jpg
    !_BTNSolarBeamDemonstration.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 76