• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNDisarm

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Here's my first attempt ever at making an icon. I used MSPaint and irfanview to create it. It features a human disarming an attacking orc with lightning. Please give feedback and ways that i can improve.

Edit: I have redone the image in GIMP from scratch! I certainly hope you enjoy it better. ;)

Keywords:
Disarm, Lightning, Electric, Attack, Axe, Magic, Human, Orc
Contents

BTNDisarm (Icon)

Reviews
12:22, 9th Feb 2010 enjoy: The orcs arm and the axe looks like a tree, and the lightning is way to thick and not bright enough. Overall, it's very hard to see what it is, and I myself couldn't see it before I saw the big picture. You will probably...

M

12:22, 9th Feb 2010
enjoy: The orcs arm and the axe looks like a tree, and the lightning is way to thick and not bright enough. Overall, it's very hard to see what it is, and I myself couldn't see it before I saw the big picture. You will probably need to completly rework the icon. I am currently in school, but I can help you with how you should make it more obvious what it is, when I get home if you want that. In that case, just pm me.

Level 9
Make sure to be clear what it is in the icon, I cant see the weapon and it took me a while to figure out where the arms where.

Level 6
I really appreciate the feedback. I also appreciate you not telling me to give up. I'm working in GIMP now, so I hope my next icon will be much improved.

Edit: How much did it improve?
Disarm v3.jpg

Disarm WIP #6.jpg

Last edited:
Level 15
i like that this has a very clear concept, you can instantly recognise that there is an unarmed hand intervening with a weapon that is ceased by some kind of force. on a technical note, there's really no saving it for warcraft use, but 30 years ago it would've been pretty cool in ASCII dos games though. Get gimp and remake it and it'd be pretty cool :D

EDIT: oh everyone has already told you to get gimp and you are using it, embarrassment <.< , anyways good luck!

Level 6
My Description said:
Here's my first attempt ever at making an icon. I used MSPaint and irfanview to create it. It features a human disarming an attacking orc with lightning. Please give feedback and ways that i can improve

I described it in the description. Sorry if you can't see the detail very well.

Last edited: