• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNDagger2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Dawn Whitelighter
Version 2.0:

Ok so here it is.. the second version of the icon. Since the handle looks neat.. I prefer to leave it as it is.. and since I received comments about the blade being unrealistic and uh.. the shape >.< I made an new one. Here it is..

6pygeh.png
juxrhc.png

I don't have much things to say but feedbacks are welcome. I'm trying my best to improve my 2D skills.

Version 1.0:

Basically, A dagger with red glow.. meh nothing special.. It looks well for me in-game and it's useful for items. (not sure if this can also be use as a spell)

Large Version:
EpicGlowComplicatedDagger.png

Other Versions:
Dagger.png
ComplicatedDagger.png
GlowComplicatedDagger.png

As you see I created 3 versions of them. Glow, Clean and Normal.. if you want them I can also upload it here ^_^

Keywords:
Dagger, Red, Assassin, Glow, Weapon, Sword, RaijinSpark, Sexy, anarchianbedlam.
Contents

BTNDagger2 (Icon)

Reviews
20:36, 3rd Feb 2011 Pyramidhe@d: This is a really weird looking dagger. Doesnt look very believable, the general shape, shading and colour. 12 Feb 2011 Pyramidhe@d: Still the same problems, the shading on the handle doesnt give a look that it is...

M

20:36, 3rd Feb 2011
Pyramidhe@d: This is a really weird looking dagger. Doesnt look very believable, the general shape, shading and colour.

12 Feb 2011
Pyramidhe@d: Still the same problems, the shading on the handle doesnt give a look that it is cyliderical. Also, everyting is too dark now. Cant tell if it is the background or a really darkly shaded part.

Level 19
According to most people, the one with complicated glow (which is the one uploaded now is the best) so I'll upload it..

But if you guys need the other versions tell me :)

The mistake I did on the shape, I didn't fix it intentionally, since I believed you won't notice it when it's already in Icon form.

Last edited:
Level 10
THIS...IS....PIXEL-ART!
colossal_katamari.png

I guess you could say, it looks sprite-y.I think the large number of lines you have put on your big pic, when reduced to a tiny size, make the blade look sort of messy.
See how in your tiny picture the shading looks like it has been done in 1x1 dots?

...That must have taken at least 3 hours to complete... or maybe it is just a color-deflector (I mean from 255 colors to 16 or something)...
I'm a spriter and pixel artist, so... I rate it awesome!

Level 10
3 hours.. no way
atleast 11.

Nope. If he used mouse and Photoshop, then it maybe would have taken like 8 hours. It would take 11 if he's totally inexperienced.
I know by myself. I was doing a huge dragon single pic sprite for like 3 hours, maybe 'twas this standard of quality, but like 4th part of this picture's dimensions. (i'm using a mouse as well.)

Level 10
well could someone please start do a preview on the pending icons instead of just áccepting the icons by people like crazyrussian..

Well, his icons are done with a tablet and so are really High quality, most of his icons don't need any feedback. It's kind of strange though... it's like his icons are automatically accepted. Never did I see one of his icons pending. And he's uploading a lot of them.