1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BTNCrystalShield

Submitted by APproject
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
My very first attempt to make an icon, don't be harsh. :) It's for my project Iceborn, so I tried making an icon and I thought why not to share if it is good enough to be approved. So yeah, it's a shield with crystals in it, all free hand. I don't care about credits.

I hope it's not too blurry.

Update: Slightly lightened and sharpened the image.

Keywords:
Shield, crystal, crystals, srystalshield, item, armor, block, blue, brown, ice, frost.
Contents

BTNCrystalShield (Icon)

Reviews
09:20, 14th Aug 2013 enjoy: Your style doesn't really fit much with the warcraft style in this icon. But might be useful.
  1. 09:20, 14th Aug 2013
    enjoy: Your style doesn't really fit much with the warcraft style in this icon. But might be useful.

2. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not bad at all for a first icon :) But the colors look so "rusty" to me, especially the background. Maybe that's because I always prefered light colors.

I hope you plan on making more of these!

3. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Amazing, unique.
    5\5

kinda remind me of Halo.

4. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    If we ignore the little blurriness.. I gotta say, this icon.. is pure awesomeness. I mean, cool contrast in colors, gamma, nice shading, light effects, well-made special effects... it doesn't look much like a shield to me, probably because of it's strange form and perspective but it is REALLY cool.

5/5 take mah rep!!!!!!!!

5. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Woah, didn't expect to get so much support from you guys. I really appreciate it. Perhaps I'll try to reduce some blurriness and slightly lighten colors to become more suitable for an eye. I hope to come up with better quality in the future. :)

6. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The blurriness can be reduced in many ways: first of, use BLPLab, cuz Viewer makes them blurry, second of, use sharpen tool after making the icon (sharpen the icon with around 20-40% whichever is more suitable) or just draw the lines more clearly in the big image, but I'd recommend 1 and 2 as better stuff to do, to reduce blurriness.

7. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for help. :) Slightly lightened and shapened the image, yet result is hardly visible.

8. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    It's good, but shield looks like a belt (I think). Nevermind :D I like it +rep

9. enjoy

enjoy

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Can you please provide either big picture or work in progress for your icons, to verify that you are in fact the creator? :)

10. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Of course.
    [​IMG]

11. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models: