• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNCrystallRoseForApherazLucent

Lucent, yes Apheraz Lucent...

Crystal Rose

Keywords:
Crystal, Rose, Winter, Snow, Shine, Frozen
Contents

BTNCrystallRoseForApherazLucent (Icon)

Reviews
23 April 2012 Pyramidhe@d: Looks good and is useful
Level 14
I believe Pyra found it a bit too shiny before the update. Frankly, it was. Easier to see what it is now.

Oh, my Apologies to Pyra then.
Didn't know it had been updated.. i just
read the:

Pyramidhe@d said:
11 Feb 2012
Pyramidhe@d: No changes made
Please check the rest of your icons. I will not be sending notifications for those.

So how is this too shiny from this Pyra?
icons_14750_btn.jpg
icons_13674_btn.jpg

I think it deserved 5/6. Its really great looking, maybe a little transparency would do great for the icy look but else its perfect.
First of all, you should never do the mistake and compare standards from the past and presence.

Second: For ice (and glass etc.), transparency can be achieved by using the background colour with a much lower opacity (creating contrasts, which he basically did here).
The current state of this icon is an obvious improvement over the old one, though I still think that Jolly has to create sharper edges.

Taking your example of the "Absolute", it has well defined shapes, looking very crisp.

On a sidenote, it would also be interesting to see how it turned out if he did the following:
Lower the opacity of the rose-layer, create a new one on top of it and draw some bright highlights here and there. That might give it more depth.

Level 30
First of all, you should never do the mistake and compare standards from the past and presence.

Second: For ice (and glass etc.), transparency can be achieved by using the background colour with a much lower opacity (creating contrasts, which he basically did here).
The current state of this icon is an obvious improvement over the old one, though I still think that Jolly has to create sharper edges.

Taking your example of the "Absolute", it has well defined shapes, looking very crisp.

On a sidenote, it would also be interesting to see how it turned out if he did the following:
Lower the opacity of the rose-layer, create a new one on top of it and draw some bright highlights here and there. That might give it more depth.

thanks for the feedback, and yes a used that tehnics with layers for more depth :wink: