• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNbeasttraing

Upgrade icon I made for my Beast spells upgrade, for my race building competition entry. The Icon is using the Druid of the Claw upgrade icons and the Mark of the Wild Icon found on the beta.

Enjoy and Respect the Blizzard's Artist.

Keywords:
Beast, training, spell, buff, bear, cow, wolf,
Contents

BTNbeasttraing (Icon)

Reviews
22:09, 1st Dec 2009 enjoy: Useful. Less then 50%. Approved because it's useful.

M

22:09, 1st Dec 2009
enjoy: Useful. Less then 50%. Approved because it's useful.

Level 10
I say it's very useful. As long as it isn't 100% cnp it still could serve its purpose. We map makers do have the regular Blizzard icons, yes, but sometime you may want to do something with just a minor change. A regular blizz icon in another colour or with just some small changes to it could do it for you. For example, I may want to create a roar in icy blue for let's say an ice bear unit. Instead of using the regular roar model (which, believe it or not, is orange and red) with its default icon, the blue roar with Mr.Goblin's great modified icon here could give a much more professional and graphically appealing feel to it.

I think that both map makers and players would find it cool and useful if we had more blizz icons with just simple minor changes. I for one doesn't care if it's cnp or not as long as it fits in my map, and if the modifier of the icons actually doesn't take credd for it that should be okay.

I see why people that make great icons from scratch should be appreciated for their work and I doesn't say all cnp should be accepted, but I actually don't agree that cnp should be banned, slaughtered and hated just because it's not a fully freehand made icon.

Level 10
Yeah, isn't it? I mean, even though it's made from blizz icons it looks really good and it makes it look more warcraftish yet original due to the great modification. :)