• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BT - Illidan Stormrage - V1.01

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hello,

This map represents the fight of Illidan Stormrage, the last boss of the Black Temple.
This is the first serious map I create & upload, so tell me what you think.

Of course, I only focused on the boss' script. However, if you like the idea, please tell me and I would improve it by re-scripting ENTIRELY the units (custom spells etc..) and also massive debugs (player slots, cinematics etc).

And maybe, after, I would script new ENTIRE raids like Sunwell (my favorite) and more...

This map is not easy, especially if it is the first time you try Illidan.

Good luck, and have fun!

CREDITS : Thanks to azruk for the Illidan Flying model!

Keywords:
Illidan, Stormrage, Black Temple, BT, Illidan Stormrage, Burning Crusade, World of warcraft, Wow
Contents

BT - Illidan Stormrage - V1.01 (Map)

Reviews
23:50, 23rd Jun 2013 Orcnet: my comment
Level 2
My quick review
-Illidan start's spamming the spell where he summon's some mini-shades.
-Very difficult to beat him without any spell's that actually damage him.
That's all for now
Id like to see more from you you have great potential.

3.5/5
Is my current rating

Edit:
By spamming I mean to the point where the whole map is filled with mini-shade's your barely able to move,that causes alot of lag spike's.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi, thanks for your comment :)
"-Illidan start's spamming the spell where he summon's some mini-shades."
This is absolutely normal
"-Very difficult to beat him without any spell's that actually damage him."
Yes this map is difficult, even for me (I had to play it 20 times before killing him ^^), however wow's Illidan has almost the same difficulty of this map ^^

Anyway, thank you for your rating

Last edited:
Level 2
Thank you very much.

Yes I think that writing in the quest is better than writing in the Ms Log (F12).

Since I decided to script this wonderful raid, I started it from the beginning (like Wow's BT, all bosses, same strategy, custom heroes with custom spells and stuff like wow, trash with trash loots, tokens for each class, the 9 classes, more slots etc.......), however, it took me AGES, and tons of efforts, so i gave up and decided to script only Illidan with ordinary units and only focusing on the boss script. So this map is like a foretaste.

I made this test-map to see if there are people interested in Wow raiding, if it is the case, I'm ready to make those efforts, if not (which is actually the case), then I'll abandon this project.

Of course, the detailed description and the quest menu (F9) are parts of those efforts and also a HUGE improvement/debug of all the contents!

Thank you for you comment, I hope many people share your point of view that I can start from now, making the REAL map :)

Level 30
I'm not sure if this deserves a game-wise criticism or just enter the valley of being rip out. The start of the game has tons of splattered texts engulfing the left part of the screen which is a bad idea.

Then after Akama and Illidan finishes there dialogue all of my 12 units died I'm not sure why then all of a sudden another splurge of text engulf the screen saying I should pawn him somehow.

Not a cool way of introducing player in such a environment, maybe WoW bossraids is a cool to reanimate but in such condition and just a similar version. Do please mod it by giving more queues and zigzag ideas for the map and all.

Level 30
But this series is based on WoW isn't t? and no I never played WoW including some other members here in this site.

So to back this up here are some problems that needs fixing:

-When the game starts a huge pile of texts starts exploding in the screen, why not just place all of them in the Quest Menu along with the changelogs, credits, map updates, and etc. Its much more professional looking

-All team 1 units(Except Akama) who are standing in the pathway to illidan will die why not just do a trigger that will force all units to go inside the boss room

-Even though I tried to finish the game and succeeded I still don't like the idea of complicated measures such as my Army has no potential in crowd control and a steady clash of spells and durability, I mean the Beastmaster and Tauren Chieftain has exactly the same abilities (Finger of Death and some buff), Shaman has only 1 spell a mass effect bloodlust and requires huge amount of mana(So I end up using the spell in Phase 3), and my Int Hero is useless its only spell is good at taking out spawns

-Speaking of spawns you keep drudging out too much of them it causes the map to lag in some point:
attachment.php

Just make a trigger that only focuses in creep count in other words trigger summon can only spawn 10 lesser voidwalkers, if one of the voidwalkers is killed, create a voidwalker for 10 seconds.

-Terrain is totally lacking, I know all boss fights needs dramatic amount of space just for a close fight to happen but no were in a verge of improvement, instead of just a plain sight of terrain make up a visual for it like a hell-like temple of similar outlook of the 'Doom' Franchise and all.

You can be better at this, use the 'QWRRTY' hotkey method when it comes to spells in such condition because right now, player's will have bad time in tapping spell hotkeys and such. Give all units involved a special role of abilities and characteristics, and lastly a pin pointer or proper guide in how to kill the boss and all, may it be in Quest Menu or a '-'command.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16,113
Level 2
"-All team 1 units(Except Akama) who are standing in the pathway to illidan will die why not just do a trigger that will force all units to go inside the boss room"
Maybe you should try to move them in the room by yourself, where Illidan stands...

" I still don't like the idea of complicated measures"
Then you'll probably dislike the concept of Wow raiding.

"such as my Army has no potential in crowd control and a steady clash of spells and durability, I mean the Beastmaster and Tauren Chieftain has exactly the same abilities (Finger of Death and some buff), Shaman has only 1 spell a mass effect bloodlust and requires huge amount of mana(So I end up using the spell in Phase 3), and my Int Hero is useless its only spell is good at taking out spawns"
I sad I'm only focusing on the boss' script and since you die directly after the pull, then you haven't seen NOTHING of this map.

"-Speaking of spawns you keep drudging out too much of them it causes the map to lag in some point."
Okay I understood, that huge pile of text you see in the beginning, YOU DIDN'T READ IT.

For that "lacking terrain", it is used for the second phase where Illidan starts flying.

Again I didn't want to focus on the terrain, I thinked about making a Black Temple Visual on the rest of the map but that would be useless. So I just focused on the playable area.

This map is a failure. I made this map thinking lots of people like the complexity of wow raids' but all I see is people fighting without reading the strategy and complaining why things go so bad.... LOL... Poor Blizzard!

Thank for you back up.

Last edited:
Level 30
People fighting for this map? Aren't I the only one commenting? I'm not even expressing my words in a negative response.

I don't think this is a failure this is more of a progression. All of my criticism is not letting you discourage but I am doing a share for you to get on track with the latest modding visuals now

Maybe you just need time to recap, I know you like the idea but extending it with a more stable work you'll get the idea.

Level 2
Except for the splashed text in the beginning and what's missing, the rest is good for me, and changing it is like changing the world of warcraft concept/difficulty.

However, you killed quite my hopes of extending this map. So I won't.

Thank you anyway