• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Broken object editor? Bug help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I desperately need help...

Everything was all good, I was testing the map out and testing and testing some more. Then I noticed my slime was not playing his animation to move anymore, and the entire object editor looks funky.... All the units have weird lettering in front of them and are inside these (). The values are generaly the same though and editing the values remains the same.

When I play the game it plays completely normal except for the slimes animation not playing. Also all the values for names for example all still look like they were intended to in game... What happened and how do I fix? ... Was excited about getting back into wc3 and supporting the map making community, but if this shit happens I dont think it is going to be worth investing a shit load of time just for it to randomly break the entire file... I save regularly in case of crashes but that may have been just as bad or worse for saving this bs....

here is a screenshot of the object editor for example.
ss.jpg

Level 4
For the object editor press CTRL D. For the slime animation open a new map and see if you changed anything in the object data of the slime.

Oh wow thank you so so very much. I was becoming depressed... Scared the shit out of me when it all changed. I thought the map corrupted or something...

Level 13
Naw, that's a feature in the editor that is actually very useful.
You can call up very specific ability or unit data using those number and letter codes.
It's great for tooltips or triggers, if you know how to use them properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.