• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Broke the world editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Somehow I managed to break my world editor and it won't start uuuh

So, I installed the reforged version of Warcraft and used it for a bit. Then I decided to uninstall it and go back to my 1.27 version of Warcraft (I play on that version with friends) and.. warcraft works fine but the editor doesnt run! (I use JNGP). So i thought that maybe it was because the reforged overwrote some files or something like that. I deleted the warcraftIII folder from the disc and installed the 1.27 version again, downloaded JNGP, started the editor.. and the same. White screen like always pops up but the moment it should display the test map with yellow lines... it just crashes. So the issue is not that I can't open the map. I can't open the editor itself! Thought that it may be something with JNGP so i turned on the basic editor that Blizzard gives us.. and the same issue, I don't know what to do at this point

Level 29
This question was already answered multiple times. Basically, you have to do a registry trick.
Under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\WorldEdit", you find a thing named "Tool Window". Simply delete it.
Also, I really don't recommend using third-party WE like JNGP. It's incredibly outdated and can led to numerous issues with your maps on latest versions.
Last, but not least, it's still possible to switch between Classic and Reforged graphics by going to "File" -> "Preferences" -> "Asset Mode" with World Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.