• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Broad sword of the forgotten Warloard

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ancient Broad Sword of the Forgotten Warlord

The essence of the blood that it has spilt radiates from the blade itself.

Made the hand fit the hand a bit better, and I thickened the handle and blade so its not so thin.

Keywords:
blade, sword, broad, forgotten, warlord. forgotten_warlord, blood, attachment, runic
Contents

Broad sword of the forgotten Warloard (Model)

Reviews
13:16, 19th Nov 2009 DonDustin: the texture is too stretched at the moment.

M

13:16, 19th Nov 2009
DonDustin: the texture is too stretched at the moment.

Lol, its not suppose to have a pointed edge... Its the type of sword it is. And this is a common type of sword.

1hsword_qjpreviewth.jpg

one thing buddy, i don't care if that's a common or rare sword, the texture choice and the wrap are horrendous. so you better fix that one up ASAP

i'm surprised this didn't get rejected earlier for such a bad wrap o_O

Level 5
Who is able to held swords that are bigger as the person itself?

Cloud? xD Anyway, the sharp edged thing doesnt only apply to the tip of the sword, it applies to the sides too. This sword is... rounded! Looks more like a club than a sword. Work on it!

Bad Wrap? how so? I made the texture myself... And its not rounded... it does have sharp edges look at the mesh before you say that. Reject it if you don't want it up.

checked:
My apologies then, the wrap is good, the sword is thin enough. only thing is that it's too big. it may be made like that but... you should make it smaller in overall, because the hand guard is too wide. Hmm.. i'm not sure.. but the particles could have a bit.. less in number...

oh well wrap is still a bit stretched, but it's cool.

what you need is a better screenshot of the sword.

Level 11
Mesh is very very bad. Give it something. Doesn't have to be a brick wall.

New texture and wrap for blade.

Handle is OK at mesh, I think wrap looks OK too.

OK = lacking in mod grading.

Last edited:
Level 11
Dude it will look same in all maps...

Your comment has no sense what so ever. Its a sane game = looks same everywhere...

Level 5
Dude it will look same in all maps...

Your comment has no sense what so ever. Its a sane game = looks same everywhere...

My comment made no sense? Umm, sane game? What I was trying to say though, which you must not have understood, is just because you don't like, doesn't mean that no one will like it. Like, I personally think this would look a lot better with a pointed tip, but that's just me. So just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should say this can never be used in maps.

Level 11
Well, blade. Handle looks good and should stay that way.

Blade is what takes it down.
And wrap.

Just so you know, sometimes when I get what I want with a wrap, its not good. Mods would kill ya for it, even if you personally like it.

I'm in the process of redesigning it...

I don't like the new pointed one... You should revert the blade for flat tip and then just slightly rotate all 3 vertexes of the blade tip so that they now stand as / or \ however you prefer.

And for the god's sake HailFireer. Stop trolling! The blade is fine, the wrap is good. Stop posting useless and aggravating comments or i'll report you right now.