• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Brigitte Abbendis (Reforged)

So this has been my longest modelling job yet. Working on the mesh etc took about 20-25 hours and then the texturing was done over about 2/3 days. My original intention was to make the texture 100% free-hand but I've settled for around 40% since I didn't have confidence in my abilities to produce something of an equal or higher quality. The original mesh has been edited in several places quite heavily.

One of the more annoying things I did was replace the original models ears with new ones having to connect the new ears to the head was very tedious and time consuming... and then once I put the hair on you can't see them anyway so that was fun.

One issue is some slight clipping of the feet with the shins which can't be fixed in a satisfying manner due to the animations even after editing the bone positions etc to make it look better.

Inspiration-wise I looked at the Wowpedia page for Brigitte Abbendis and the images on it and originally I was planning to give her a yellow glow to her eyes since she's a Paladin. I ended up deciding against it as I felt she's more Warrior than Paladin.

For the textures just remove the War3mapImported\

Note: If anyone finds any issues or has any feedback or criticism all is welcome.

Feel free to edit as long as credit is given.

As a fun wee challenge if anyone can work out/guess the base model and where the parts etc have come from I won't give you anything but its just some fun.
Contents

Brigitte Abbendis (Reforged) (Model)

Brigitte Abbendis Icon (Icon)

BrigitteAbbendis_portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A nice model-edit and good use of animations and textures. Works in-game.
Both files include the textures so the file size will be abit smaller than the one stated. As you only need to import them once.

UPDATE 19/6/20 Improved the outline of the icon.

UPDATE 21/6/20 Fixed the issue of the lips distorting when zoomed-in on in-game.

UPDATE 24/6/20 Fixed Clipping issues with the axe during attack anims and also fixed shoulder clipping during these animations.

Last edited:
Sick mate. Are you planning on making an enitre Scarlet Crusade race?

Nah I just make models that take my fancy, I've got a Tirion Fordring model but I can't get it to look how I want.

Don't know what I'll make next tbh, if I think of a cool idea for more Scarlet Crusade units I'll probably make them. Dathrohan or Mograine would be interesting to make but I'm not sure how I'd make them.

Truthfully I'm now determined to get the first Reforged model approved, hence why this model has had so much done to it.

Reactions: Kam
Level 10
what else can i say, she's a beaut! nicely done tho the icon can be improved. i can see some white spots there

Level 18
It's pretty stylish and I'm glad to discover a brand new Reforged model.

May it opens up the path to more original models.

Keep up the good work!

Level 10
there's a custom Scarlet Crusade campaign map here at hive i just remembered where Bridgitte Abbendis is the main hero,
hmm...reforged version of the campaign then or sequel??

You did a very good job here!
There is a little bug (I guess) with the model ingame, however. If you zoom a camera you can notice a lip sync problem - a main model's mouth moves wrong.

Huh i never picked up on that in game. Ill see what i can do. Im also thinking of changing the forearms.

@Reflex Hmm I've seen the lip-sync issue but I'm not sure how that's happening, I'll see if I can fix it.

Last edited:
Overall, very awesome job! However, it kind of looks like she cuts herself with the axe when she attacks.

Yeah i might extend the length of it a little. Im not entirely sure how to edit animations in Retera model studio yet other than editing bone positions.

Those Footmen shields really make them look more like Blood Knights than Scarlet Crusaders, I think it should be brought back to the normal Footman shield in red.

I feel that they would look to similar then to the regular footmen, but I might do something more with my scarlet Footman model in the future :)

Also, I think instead of ragged shaggy archers they could use High Elf archers. Some High Elves served the Scarlet Crusade after all

Very few as far as I'm aware, the lower ranks of the Scarlet Crusade were quite ragged and generally conscripts from the survivors. They were fighting a very gritty war against the Scourge so I think they fit.

I'll maybe change the Scarlet Footman to make them a bit more... hardier looking and the maybe make a Scarlet Conscript model, we'll see. Right now I'm working on another Scarlet Hero.

I should have Reforged Whitemane, but nice model.

I will probably make a Whiteman model at some point but it will probably be scratch made since i dont think a geo-merged sally whitemane would look good without some very painful and creative editing.

Making the ears for this model which you cant even see was painful enough lol

I will probably make a Whiteman model at some point but it will probably be scratch made since i dont think a geo-merged sally whitemane would look good without some very painful and creative editing.

Making the ears for this model which you cant even see was painful enough lol
But how did they do it, in Retera Model Studio?

Level 35
Amazing work with this model! Truly 1 of the more unique ones I have seen and started using and reviewing
All animations are perfect and the look spot on.
The only small issue is when walking is more like she is also using a shield. I believe will be great to add a scarlet shield on her hand (like she has in WOW).
1644097871333.png

Another idea, but I believe it will be harder (not sure I am still learning) will be to make her hand move similar to how arthas hands moves when he runs

Last edited: