• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bridge of Hope

Archangel_Tidusx thought i should edit my other bridge model to make it look more like the bridge in fable. But heres a complete new model, tried to mimic the fable bridge as much as i could but still to have the same feeling as my other models. Hope you like it.

Download the bridge in 2 parts here.

Keywords:
Bridge, Building, Structure, Hay, roof, long, big, Fable, wood
Contents

Bridge of Hope (Model)

Reviews
19:47, 2nd Sep 2009 Pyritie: omg awesome bridge. But if people wanted to put this in their games it wouldn't work right. You'd need to take the roof off of this and split it into two separate models - the bottom one would be walkable while the...

M

19:47, 2nd Sep 2009
Pyritie: omg awesome bridge.

But if people wanted to put this in their games it wouldn't work right. You'd need to take the roof off of this and split it into two separate models - the bottom one would be walkable while the roof would not be.
Just a suggestion.

Level 30
good job :D I like it!

However, as a complete model, isnt the birdge impossible to make walkable? Units would just run along the roof right? :S Perhaps split the doodad into 2 parts? Part 1 being the actuall bridge, and part 2 being the roof? :) Just an idea :p

Or people could just use invisible platforms i guess :D

Other than that though, excellent work! 4/5 from me :)

Level 22

However, as a complete model, isnt the birdge impossible to make walkable? Units would just run along the roof right? :S Perhaps split the doodad into 2 parts? Part 1 being the actuall bridge, and part 2 being the roof? :) Just an idea :p

Was going to ask just the same ^^

Otherwise it's gr8 looking 4/5.

Level 6
i love this. really great for a Fable RPG(you know, the bridge when he was still a kid in his town?)

Level 10
Curious how it is hopeful though... Still, seems cool!

Walk over it and receive the blessing of hope.. or something

Yeah units cant walk inside it without the use of invisible platforms. Could do that so that people who wanna use that model can use that and the others who wanna use invisible platforms can use this.

Where animation?
Where animation Roof disappearance? Where?
Doing roof disappearance and then do cool.

You mean like a fading animation which you can call when a unit enters the bridge?

i love this. really great for a Fable RPG(you know, the bridge when he was still a kid in his town?)

I believe it was that bridge i tried to mimic.

And thanks for all your lovely comments! :)

Walk over it and receive the blessing of
Yeah units cant walk inside it without the use of invisible platforms. Could do that so that people who wanna use that model can use that and the others who wanna use invisible platforms can use this.

I will use your models for my current Fable project, so if you can, can you tell me how to create invisible platforms oO?:thumbs_up:

Level 10
Its simple, turn on the grid to small so you get little box squares all over the map. Create a flat area where you can place the bridge. Now try to align it to one of the middle line grids, like this. After that just place invisible platforms in the middle of the bridge (can be found under doodads/bridges - ramps). Then just place Pathing blockers on each side to prevent units from walking (You should use Ground instead of Both). Since that way you can morph all your units into flying units with low fly height so they can "walk" beneath the bridge. Just a note, i got size 200 on the bridge in the picture.

Or you can wait for me to upload the bridge in 2 parts or you can ask TxC about his system used in his maps.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 159
Its simple, turn on the grid to small so you get little box squares all over the map. Create a flat area where you can place the bridge. Now try to align it to one of the middle line grids, like this. After that just place invisible platforms in the middle of the bridge (can be found under doodads/bridges - ramps). Then just place Pathing blockers on each side to prevent units from walking (You should use Ground instead of Both). Since that way you can morph all your units into flying units with low fly height so they can "walk" beneath the bridge. Just a note, i got size 200 on the bridge in the picture.

Or you can wait for me to upload the bridge in 2 parts or you can ask TxC about his system used in his maps.

Well thanks alot for the exact description. :)
Maybe i will wait a bit but i will try what you told me.

Level 20
necroposting:
this bridge is sooo awesome!! gonna use it in my map!! 5/5 :thumbs_up:

EDIT:
dude, the bridge in 2 parts in the link you provided doesn't exist, can you re-upload it please?

EDIT 2:
hmm 2 months and no reply?
i guess the threat of this model is pretty dead:(

Last edited: