1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Bored

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by Risc, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Risc

Risc

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Anyone got an idea for a program you want? I'm currently all out of projects and ideas...

2. PitzerMike

PitzerMike

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Make one of those programs that help you create colored texts and tooltips, but as a plugin for NewGen so that it opens up whenever you edit a text in the object editor.

3. Huurka

Huurka

Resources:
    Resources:
    Addon for regular World Editor, you can use more tiles, like in those modified editors.

4. Risc

Risc

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Sounds like a good project. Could use some experience with Grimoire's framework.

I've started working on this project. Since I prefer C# I wrote this as an extension to Grimoire: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86172

5. PitzerMike

PitzerMike

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    You make no sense. Addon for regular WE makes it a modded WE.
    Why not use the existing modded WE in the first place?

Risc: Awesome.

6. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's a feature I always missed from the NewGen Pack. Good idea, it's a bother to always have an imageeditor and notepad when you want colored text.
    Don't forget to make it so you can save colors. Good luck with the project. ^^

7. Aidyn

Aidyn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ill use this for sure when its done!
    :D

Good luck, I hope it turns out AWESOME!

8. PitzerMike

PitzerMike

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Oh, here's the grimoire svn repository: http://w3grimoire.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/w3grimoire

I think it's configured for anonymous checkout so you can look up how everything is done.
    If you have specific question I'll try to help as good as I can.
    Also I think there's a .NET-wrapper for Lua also, which could be used for configuration purposes.

9. Risc

Risc

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
  10. Huurka

Huurka

Resources:
    Resources:
    True :p

Can't handle those modded that exists :S

11. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why not? NewGen Pack is awesome. :purr: :purr:

12. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    ive always wanted somthin that checks spelling built into world editor, or atleast built into a tooltip creator.

a bot that host a map for you then leaves might be nice, for everyone who cant host (ppls who can would put theese in their clan for members who cant host)

a program that generates nice random terrains would be good

an updated WEU

me and a few friends trying to make a custom mpq, we could use an installer/updater XD

Heres a few options ^.^

13. Earth-Fury

Earth-Fury

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That would be useful.

That is generally impossible... (Or just obscenely impractical.)

That would take an obscene amount of time to create.

It exists i nthe latest NewGen editor. Download and use it. (Link in my sig) Enable UMSWE under the UMSWE menu that NewGen adds to the main editor window.

Grimoire can already inject arbitrary MPQs with an arbitrary priority. So making a custom war3/x/patch.mpq is just stupid at this point.

14. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st

Resources:
    Resources:
    Spell checker? Weeell.. They aren't 100 percent reliable. When I use MS Word I rather turn off the spell checker because it makes my correct sentences shine in all the colours of the rainbow.
    I think it would take too much time to create compared to its usefulness.

However, if Risc, or someone else is still bored then I might be able to give him an idea:
    Today I was working with a lot of researches and units in JASS and it was so annoying to switch to the object editor then turn on the menu option which makes the object editor show the unit's UnitID and not its name then memorize it and type it into your JASS script.
    It would be nice to have a button in the JASS editor which opens up a dialog (similiar to its GUI counterpart) to select your unit / research / item or whatever you need and then paste it's ID to your JASS script.

15. Earth-Fury

Earth-Fury

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    you do know you can press CTRL+D to switch to rawcode view, right?

16. ~Void~

~Void~

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That would be brilliant. I would totally make that if I knew how =)

For another suggestion, maybe you could make a complete "limit remover" script that gets rid of annoying little things in WC3 editor like only being able to give an item 5 abilities (can be solved with shift and rawcodes, but still) and things like that, removes the terrain height limit, etc. For NewGen.

17. PitzerMike

PitzerMike

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Realize that Risc already made it (link on the first page of this thread).

18. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st

Resources:
    Resources:
    Of course, but it's a pain in the ass to switch to the object editor tab, look up your unit, switch to raw code view then back to your JASS editor. An alternative solution is to always have a GUI trigger and select the unit there then convert it to custom script to get the unit / item / tech / whatever rawcode. It's slightly faster than looking up manually in the object editor.
    Well, it was just an idea.

19. Bloody_Turds

Bloody_Turds

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    howabout an easy to configure prog that runs other progs at certain times, after activation and/or maybe an autorun mod of this for startup

EXAMPLE:
    i click program, it opens with 2 options. (EDIT RUNLIST) (RUNTHELIST)
    EDIT RUNLIST: when clicked gives say 10(maybe editable) open spaces for filepaths, and below each is a time. which reprisents howlong after the first prog is ran, it will run that particular program.
    RUNTHELIST: runs every program on the list after the specified times pass

USES: when i get on i like to open up a few diff websites all at once, then i want to play warcraft (with a few extra progs) that i want to exicute without me clicking. Later i want to Run a Virus Scan, then shutdown.
    so i run this, set shutdown for say 45 mins, and then start virus scan. and go to bed, instead of waiting.

20. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st

Resources:
    Resources:
    Huh? How is this "software" connected to Warcraft Editing or the thread?
    It doesn't and there are already a lot of programs like this you just have to use google. Not to mention that operation systems are somewhat configurable to do this for you.