• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bordering Forests

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Bordering Forests 1.05

Changelog:
-Increased the number of on-map trees slightly.
-All gates will now open once the game starts. I've decided to keep the gates because of aesthetic reasons.
-Added 2 extra player slots.
-Starting Location is no longer fixed.
-Filled the skybox/boundery zone(thingy) with trees.
-Added elevation - the expo slots, neutral buildings and forrests are raised, player camps and roads are slightly raised and smoothed out.
-added doodads to the desert and next to gates.

As of the latest update, up to 6 players can play! The Built-in expo slot is the new start location.
-----------------------------
In preparation of me playing against AI with a friend just as co-op works in Starcraft II, I made a 3v3 map.

Each team gets a main base with Creeps, a Goblin Merchant, a Golbin Labratory, Health an manapools and an extra gold mine nearby.

In the middle of the map (the middle of the map is a desert) is an Oasis. It contains a Tavern, a Merc camp and a Marketplace (selling a spellbook, an Ankh, an Potion of Restoration and a Assasin's Blade, among things). Units and Items sold in the Oasis are quite Powerfull, so you might want to fight for suprimaty of the Oasis.

The Desert yields no wood - it's a Desert - but it does have 2 gold Mines (one on top, and one at the bottom). And the Oasis Mentioned above is in the middle of the map.

Keywords:
Melee, Co-op Vs AI, Co-op, 3v3, Team, Gates, Gate, War, Desert, Forest, Warcraft III, Oasis, Gold Rush
Contents

Bordering Forests (Map)

Reviews
09:56, 27th Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 30
Map Review
Bordering Forests (No Version/s Stated)

Rating System:

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Gameplay-[5/5]
Note: The playability and how it is entertaining in play.

Terrain-[5/5]
Note: View of the map's terrain.

Managing-[5/5]
Note: About the outcome of the game's mechanics.

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

Nothing happened when I played the "Altered Melee" because you didn't change anything, nothing but just the unappealing map you just made.

Terrain

th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

Terrain was so plain the map became huge, but in truth, the map is also big but nothing was filled.

Managing

th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

I really don't quite understand what you just made, but I for one, won't allow such maps to be uploaded here, instead draw it in the map development forums for users to help you out how to make a better altered melee, hope you would understand.

Total Score:

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/553%F

pm me for comments after reading this review