• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bonechewer Grunt

The Bonechewer clan was an orc clan named after their willingness to resort to cannibalism in times of hardship. The Bonechewers were known for ornamenting themselves with the broken bones and ruined organs of their enemies. They were well respected by the rest of the Horde and inspired fear and terror in all who beheld them in battle.

EDIT :
There was an issue on the shoulder, I corrected that by adding a skin for it.

UPDATE 26/09/2022 :
- Improve the model and add variations
- Rename the maghar skin to allow to use mag'har and orc version on the same map
Previews
Contents

Bonechewer mag'har grunt 1 (Model)

Bonechewer mag'har grunt 1 (portrait) (Model)

Bonechewer mag'har grunt 2 (Model)

Bonechewer mag'har grunt 2 (portrait) (Model)

Bonechewer mag'har grunt 3 (Model)

Bonechewer mag'har grunt 3 (portrait) (Model)

Bonechewer orc grunt 1 (Model)

Bonechewer orc grunt 1 (portrait) (Model)

Bonechewer orc grunt 2 (Model)

Bonechewer orc grunt 2 (portrait) (Model)

Bonechewer orc grunt 3 (Model)

Bonechewer orc grunt 3 (portrait) (Model)

Icons (Icon)

Mag'har icons (Icon)

Reviews
Ardenaso
Works fine without any problems and the execution is good APPROVED.
The shoulder piece is not displayed correctly in my editor.
Is there something wrong with the path "orc_bonechewergrunt_main_diffuse.dds" or did I miss something?

Hi,
I had issue with the shoulder too but i've corrected it. I just checked the one i put online, but for me it's good. Can you describe the problem ?
And what is your issue with the texture ? For me it works properly.

Level 4
Really cool Model. But i have a white Model of it in the World Editor, how can i change that? And am i able to use Green skined and Maghar both? because it seems they are named the same and i can not impoort them both with out changing the name of one and i am not sure if it will work if i change the name.

Level 5
I don't think this model works anymore. I imported it in the game with other of your models like Warsong, Thuderlord and Shattered Hand and it crashed my map. I can't go over two imported models with this model along side them. If they are 3 imported models and this is one of the 3 it will crash the map I am trying to make. I don't know maiby is just my PC. Once I imported two models and this one, I have placed the object grunts with the imported models, I saved restarted the editor and loaded the map and it kept on crashing.

I don't think this model works anymore. I imported it in the game with other of your models like Warsong, Thuderlord and Shattered Hand and it crashed my map. I can't go over two imported models with this model along side them. If they are 3 imported models and this is one of the 3 it will crash the map I am trying to make. I don't know maiby is just my PC. Once I imported two models and this one, I have placed the object grunts with the imported models, I saved restarted the editor and loaded the map and it kept on crashing.

I believe it's because of Blizzard update of this summer that caused so many problems. I will have to convert all my models, it will take some time...

EDIT:
I updated this model, it should work again now !

Last edited:
Level 9
I do think the orcs should always been green and not multicolor.
I think that would canonically conflict with the whole turning green and further mutating into red Fel Orc’s with unnatural growths like spikes coming out of their skin. Most of the Horde turned green or some shade of green anyways either from direct consumption of demon blood or even just being around fel magic or other orc’s who were green.

Level 12
FYI: They are bloody enough to make hilarious fresh zombie orcs if given Zombie animations. XD

Was just messing around, not gonna use them or anything. But someone should make one. :peasant-wink:

Attachments

• OrcZombie.png
    OrcZombie.png
    268.7 KB · Views: 29