• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bonechewer Grunt

Requested by Tagar

He requested only the Normal Version (Green) of him. I did the Fel Orc version myself, because gamepedia says: "The Bonechewer clan was an orcish clan known for ornamenting themselves with bones and other organs in battle, and for their cannibalistic nature. It is unknown if there are any Bonechewer members who are still alive that have not been turned into fel orcs."
(Source: Bonechewer clan - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft)

There weren't any reverence pictures so i had to read this to make this Orc.
He has a custom Stand Channel Animation. Also requested by Tagar.

Bone Shoulderguards by InfernalTater (I couldn't ask for his permission, because he wasn't online since 1st June)

Fel Orc Spikes by General Frank (I am very sorry for not mentioning it.)

----------Update 27. May. 2017 (Minor)----------
- Added BTN/DISBTN for both.
Contents

Bonechewer Grunt (Model)

BTNBonechewerGrunt (Icon)

BTNFelOrcBonechewerGrunt (Icon)

Fel Orc Bonechewer Grunt (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
Those are nicely done grunt variations. Maybe you could adjust a bit the tone of the Fel Orc, it is too red at the moment, going a bit towards an orange tone would be more precise. Also, even if InfernalTater is away, you should notify him/ask for...
Level 4
you should add him more armor (bone neclackes, like the stormreaver warlock) GIVE Him clothes or this
progress-jpg.50574

you should replace the shoulders, they are not dragons in draenor, try using the orc skulls of thye orc great hall model
the weapon its too ornamented, the book warcraft 2 beyong the dark portal describe that almost all of the bonechewers use clubes with spikes of bone or stone axes like this ones
38774-a76e28bbd7f93f30c762b47d51e1a5a4.jpg
(the weapon)
Savage-Orcs-03c.jpg

Last edited:
first, your usage of a custom texture is totally unnecessary in both cases:

1) If you want darker boots you can even use MDLVis and modify the vertex coloring on the boots during all of the animations, which will achieve the same effect.

2) You can make the same thing with the eyes that blizz did with the Dark Ranger model, add a green glow or a red glow on the eyes for it to be fitting.

3) Change the simbol on the back, take it out it won't even be visible ingame, use the old shoulderpads that we can see on the comments and place them in the back.

4) Add a red glow to the dragon skull eyes (nothing too big)

5) Replace the Necromancer hat with the Dragon skull and add other horns to keep the color structure.

6) You are wasting the opportunity of giving it an awesome unique weapon; take out the axe blade, leave the skull but take out the weird stick that is under it, istead open the mouth of the skull and make some bone spikes coming out of the "mouth" of it, so that it resembles a weird bone axe, maybe add some glow to the skull eyes.

7) Add a piece of meat and blood in the hand during the stand channel anim since it can only be used for one thing and it is to cannibalize.

In this way you will get a better model with a lot less weight, and I don't think that adding these things will take too long since these are simple changes.

Level 4
first, your usage of a custom texture is totally unnecessary in both cases:

1) If you want darker boots you can even use MDLVis and modify the vertex coloring on the boots during all of the animations, which will achieve the same effect.

2) You can make the same thing with the eyes that blizz did with the Dark Ranger model, add a green glow or a red glow on the eyes for it to be fitting.

3) Change the simbol on the back, take it out it won't even be visible ingame, use the old shoulderpads that we can see on the comments and place them in the back.

4) Add a red glow to the dragon skull eyes (nothing too big)

5) Replace the Necromancer hat with the Dragon skull and add other horns to keep the color structure.

6) You are wasting the opportunity of giving it an awesome unique weapon; take out the axe blade, leave the skull but take out the weird stick that is under it, istead open the mouth of the skull and make some bone spikes coming out of the "mouth" of it, so that it resembles a weird bone axe, maybe add some glow to the skull eyes.

7) Add a piece of meat and blood in the hand during the stand channel anim since it can only be used for one thing and it is to cannibalize.

In this way you will get a better model with a lot less weight, and I don't think that adding these things will take too long since these are simple changes.
Your sugerences are well made but see this lore references to aclare

The bonechewers NEVER see dragons, they stay only in draenor

It should CHANGE the skin not delete it

It should replace the shoulders with orc skulls (WITHOUT HELMET OR HORNS)

Level 4
It doesn't matter if they see dragons or not, for all we know it could also be a Kodo skull, what matters is that it would make the model weight a lot less and look a lot better.
are the lore precicion stuff tath make a great model, the shoulders MUST be orc skulls

Those are nicely done grunt variations. Maybe you could adjust a bit the tone of the Fel Orc, it is too red at the moment, going a bit towards an orange tone would be more precise. Also, even if InfernalTater is away, you should notify him/ask for permission. Do that asap. I'll approve this for now, but InfernalTater has the right to put it down in case he prefers.

Level 30
Those are nicely done grunt variations. Maybe you could adjust a bit the tone of the Fel Orc, it is too red at the moment, going a bit towards an orange tone would be more precise. Also, even if InfernalTater is away, you should notify him/ask for permission. Do that asap. I'll approve this for now, but InfernalTater has the right to put it down in case he prefers.

I notified him. Here is a Screenshot.
infernaltaterscreenshot1-png.259096

and a link to his Profile: InfernalTater

(If he wants me to remove/replace them then he just has to say it)

For the Fel-Orc Texture: If i have the time i do this.