• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bnet questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
1. Why does no one ever join when I host my published map, it's like they cant find it.

2. Is there any way to prevent the game from autostarting once it is full?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
1. It is because people are too stupid to actually check the bottom of the popularity list. As your map has a popularity of 0 it will be right at the bottom. I so do hope people soon realise this and do not play whats near the top. This is a serious problem as you get older unplayable versions of a map being more popular than the recent fixed versions and thus still heavilly played.

2. Try messing with the game varients. I am sure normal custom games auto start but if you were to make a varient it should not (if it is set to not).

Level 7
1. It is because people are too stupid to actually check the bottom of the popularity list. As your map has a popularity of 0 it will be right at the bottom. I so do hope people soon realise this and do not play whats near the top. This is a serious problem as you get older unplayable versions of a map being more popular than the recent fixed versions and thus still heavilly played.

Wow, that's really silly. It makes it impossible to host new maps, I've gotten 1 player total to join my map and I am constantly hosting it and going afk waiting for ppl to join.

Level 11
It is the mapmakers fault if older versions are still up. When you update your map (if you do it correctly) it will only show ONE version on bnet, the newest one.

Also, checking the bottom of the popularity list is kinda silly as no one will ever be in those games anyways. The chance of catually finding a game with people in it out of 100+ games is fairly low. :eek:

Level 3
The popularity thing isn't a very good idea at all IMO the games first published will be pretty much always on top (unless people start playing off the bottom of the list) and shorter games will have an advantage over long games (you'll prob never see rpgs on top)

Level 1
I assumed that since the games list was split into 4 sections (Name, Category, Mode, and Popularity) that you would be able to click one of the headers and sort the games that way. For instance, clicking on the "Name" header would sort all games in the list alphabetically. Another thing I'm hoping for is a search function. Hell, we even have an application which can do that for WarCraft 3.

Level 5
That only makes it worse doesn't it, RPGs are already uncommon imagine the difficulty of finding any with the current popularity system. Also games with less players will be more popular, the ideal game (for popluarity) has very few players and lasts a few minutes, cue Red Circle TD.

Popularity:
Is reset every hour,
When you publish your map, it is given a "middle" popularity.
If it is not played, it loses it.
If it is played, it gains it.
But yes I agree with you all. I like the idea of Blizzard hosting the maps on their server, considering DL speed is amazingly fast (you don't have to rely on the host having a fast upload speed) But the popularity system seems really .. well gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.