1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Vote for the best entries in the 13th Music Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Bnet questions

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by I-am-murloc, Jul 31, 2010.

1. I-am-murloc

I-am-murloc

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. Why does no one ever join when I host my published map, it's like they cant find it.

2. Is there any way to prevent the game from autostarting once it is full?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  2. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    1. It is because people are too stupid to actually check the bottom of the popularity list. As your map has a popularity of 0 it will be right at the bottom. I so do hope people soon realise this and do not play whats near the top. This is a serious problem as you get older unplayable versions of a map being more popular than the recent fixed versions and thus still heavilly played.

2. Try messing with the game varients. I am sure normal custom games auto start but if you were to make a varient it should not (if it is set to not).

3. I-am-murloc

I-am-murloc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, that's really silly. It makes it impossible to host new maps, I've gotten 1 player total to join my map and I am constantly hosting it and going afk waiting for ppl to join.

4. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It is the mapmakers fault if older versions are still up. When you update your map (if you do it correctly) it will only show ONE version on bnet, the newest one.

Also, checking the bottom of the popularity list is kinda silly as no one will ever be in those games anyways. The chance of catually finding a game with people in it out of 100+ games is fairly low. :eek:

5. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Unless it was changed since the betas..... In the beta it would keep up previous versions and reset the popularity of new ones.

They need a currently hosted section which shows a list of randomly orderd games that other people want to play.

6. Alucard.

Alucard.

Resources:
    Resources:
    The popularity thing isn't a very good idea at all IMO the games first published will be pretty much always on top (unless people start playing off the bottom of the list) and shorter games will have an advantage over long games (you'll prob never see rpgs on top)

7. Maticate

Maticate

Resources:
    Resources:
    I assumed that since the games list was split into 4 sections (Name, Category, Mode, and Popularity) that you would be able to click one of the headers and sort the games that way. For instance, clicking on the "Name" header would sort all games in the list alphabetically. Another thing I'm hoping for is a search function. Hell, we even have an application which can do that for WarCraft 3.

8. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, how many RPGs do you see in W3 Bnet? Maybe one for every 10-20 Dotas?

9. WanderingPeanut

WanderingPeanut

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    That only makes it worse doesn't it, RPGs are already uncommon imagine the difficulty of finding any with the current popularity system. Also games with less players will be more popular, the ideal game (for popluarity) has very few players and lasts a few minutes, cue Red Circle TD.

10. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Or Battlecraft. Complete shit, yet almost at the top of the popularity list.

11. Rispetto

Rispetto

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Popularity:
    Is reset every hour,
    When you publish your map, it is given a "middle" popularity.
    If it is not played, it loses it.
    If it is played, it gains it.
    But yes I agree with you all. I like the idea of Blizzard hosting the maps on their server, considering DL speed is amazingly fast (you don't have to rely on the host having a fast upload speed) But the popularity system seems really .. well gay.