• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BLP Plugin for Paint.NET

Reactions: Nightmare2077
This tool was made by my brother (NOT ME), and allows you to open, view, and edit BLPs in Paint.NET just like any other image format.

To install move Blp.dll to C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\FileTypes\

If you don't have Paint.NET, download it from http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

If there are any BLPs that you can't load/save with this plugin, please post on the Paint.NET forum and attach them (and what they should be as a PNG or TGA or something if possible) and I'll work on supporting them too.

Note: If you do not see "Blizzard Picture (*.blp)" in the open/save box, your computer does not have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package. Click here to download.

Keywords:
BLP, converter, plugin, Paint.NET, Warcraft III
Contents

BLP Plugin for Paint.NET (Binary)

Reviews
00:28, 28th Dec 2008 Ralle: Very cool!
Level 29
Not working.
Which OS are you using? Windows 10/11 prevents some old WC3 tools to be openable like File Converter or MPQ Master.
I think this issue is being linked to the missing or incorrect DLLs, such as the x86 (32-bit) applications trying to use the x86-64 DLLs.
I would suggest looking for alternatives that are actively or at least recently maintained.