• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Blood Elf Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys, my first post here but I've been a lurker for a while. Just wondering if there's anyone out there who's willing to put their modeling skills to the test. :p

[EDIT: The image is linked below]

If anyone can make a model out of that, I will probably worship you. I've been thinking of using a model like this for a hero as a part of a "fifth race" for a campaign I'm creating.

Once again, thanks in advance to anyone willing to tackle this!

lelora.jpg

Level 34
I've been thinking of using a model like this for a hero as a part of a "fifth race" for a campaign I'm creating.

Ok, first of all: Don't think. It's either you want the model or not. It's not like we are eager to waste our times for a model you don't want in the end.

So first you must ask yourself: Do I want the model or not?

Level 13
well, i would like it, haha. where did you get the picture from, anyway?
TheDivineBoss if you were paying attention to his whole post you would notice that he makes it clear that he does want to use the model. The only reason he wouldn't be able to use it is if it doesn't exist. That's where a modeler comes in. Although, of course, obviously, if the modeler does a bad job he's entitled to say, screw it, I'm not going to use that model. But it's a bit unlikely.

I think he should try to private message his favorite modelers and ask them. Well I don't know if many modelers do requests since I haven't requested any myself. But I can give you a list of Modelers who made stuff that made it into my map's current version.

*Darkholme/Sylrae/General Frank made the Chaser E Model.
***Mc ! made the Runners M and S and Chaser G Models.
*DonDustin made the Runner Q Model.
*Callahan made the Runner Z Model.
*Master Haosis made the Demon Gate Model.
*Dan van Ohllus made the Crow Scout Art.

and in case you need a skinner, here is a list of the skinners too.

*Afronight_76 made the Chaser A Skin.
*Dionesiist made the Chaser B Skin.
*Egg made the Chaser C Skin.
*Hueter made the Chaser D Skin.
*Mr.Goblin made the Green Wolf Skin.
*Black_Stan made the Chaser H Skin.

Anyway, just take a look around at all the best models especially ones that are done like what you need done for your model. See who made them, and go message them about it. You can also check out other sites too obviously like thehelper.net and wc3c.net. Just making a forum post like this is fine, but people might get angry at you and type mean things to you like how the above posts turned out.

That aside, Total_Warrior is partly right...on the one hand modelers probably aren't going to help you unless they think it's worth it. On the other hand modelers could use a bit of direction at times, or inspiration, whatever. And I think this would make an excellent model.

Even though I said that, it would be nice if he gave himself more of an introduction to the site and/or talked about his map a bit more, but that isn't something he can't go rectify right now I think...

If I was the modeler, I would be asking him questions about his campaign rather than asking him to ask himself a question.

Level 13
well, i would like it, haha. where did you get the picture from, anyway?
TheDivineBoss if you were paying attention to his whole post you would notice that he makes it clear that he does want to use the model. The only reason he wouldn't be able to use it is if it doesn't exist. That's where a modeler comes in. Although, of course, obviously, if the modeler does a bad job he's entitled to say, screw it, I'm not going to use that model. But it's a bit unlikely.

I think he should try to private message his favorite modelers and ask them. Well I don't know if many modelers do requests since I haven't requested any myself. But I can give you a list of Modelers who made stuff that made it into my map's current version.

*Darkholme/Sylrae/General Frank made the Chaser E Model.
***Mc ! made the Runners M and S and Chaser G Models.
*DonDustin made the Runner Q Model.
*Callahan made the Runner Z Model.
*Master Haosis made the Demon Gate Model.
*Dan van Ohllus made the Crow Scout Art.

and in case you need a skinner, here is a list of the skinners too.

*Afronight_76 made the Chaser A Skin.
*Dionesiist made the Chaser B Skin.
*Egg made the Chaser C Skin.
*Hueter made the Chaser D Skin.
*Mr.Goblin made the Green Wolf Skin.
*Black_Stan made the Chaser H Skin.

Anyway, just take a look around at all the best models especially ones that are done like what you need done for your model. See who made them, and go message them about it. You can also check out other sites too obviously like thehelper.net and wc3c.net. Just making a forum post like this is fine, but people might get angry at you and type mean things to you like how the above posts turned out.

That aside, Total_Warrior is partly right...on the one hand modelers probably aren't going to help you unless they think it's worth it. On the other hand modelers could use a bit of direction at times, or inspiration, whatever. And I think this would make an excellent model.

Even though I said that, it would be nice if he gave himself more of an introduction to the site and/or talked about his map a bit more, but that isn't something he can't go rectify right now I think...

If I was the modeler, I would be asking him questions about his campaign rather than asking him to ask himself a question.

that many text for such a n00b
that one post is 4 times longer then everything he ever posted on the hive

Level 1
Ok, first of all: Don't think. It's either you want the model or not. It's not like we are eager to waste our times for a model you don't want in the end.

So first you must ask yourself: Do I want the model or not?
By that I meant that I wanted to use a model like that but after having searched high and low for such a model, nothing has come up for me. And if this model doesn't exist then I would have to move on to another design for a hero. :(

I've already requested a model like this on other forums (sourceforge, wc3c, etc.) but nobody was willing to tackle this one. I decided to request one on these forums, but very hesitantly as I registered only recently. My apologies for not making it clear; I know post counts and join dates = credibility on most forums and I have neither, and this being my first post is probably not a good impression... but I definitely do not plan on wasting anybody's time. If anyone is willing to craft something like this, not only would you relieve me of a search that has gone on for months, but I think a blood elf model like this would be a nice addition to the archives as well. :)

So just to make it clear, yes, I would love to have a model like this made and yes, I will be very grateful.

SanKaKU said:
and he also posted the really awesome picture. i'm really curious where he got it from.
Haha, thanks. I was browsing my friend's Warcraft TCG collection and found a blood elf paladin that just stood out to me: Lelora the Dawnslayer. After a quick search I found the artist responsible (Jonboy Meyers) and found it in Google's image search. Just type "Lelora" and it should pop up.

NINJA EDIT: Oh and thank you for the list of modelers on the site! I'll put that to use. Thanks, again!

And regarding the campaign that I'm working on, it's basically a recap of the events that have happened with the fall of Silvermoon, the Shattered Sun Offensive and the reclaimation of the Sunwell. For those that've played WoW during the latter part of the Burning Crusade, this story arc pretty much sums up the conflict in Outland and with the Sunwell. I've been planning on using a female paladin's perspective on the events for a while, but because of the lack of interesting models in that regard that project has pretty much stalled. I could re-work it around other models but I find the story to not be so interesting otherwise. If this project is finished in the near-future, I plan on using the Blood Elves as a "fifth race" that can be used in Melee maps or other future campaigns. So far I've found some very nice blood elf models and I think Lelora would be a nice addition on any map that utilizes a blood knight.

As for the introduction I'll be getting to that very soon. :p

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Actually, it's Lelora the Sunlancer (according to Google). Boy, I had no idea such cool concepts existed...

Anyway, I definitely think this is a worthwhile model to make (not just for him, but the community at large). I agree with that. However, I disagree with his claim; I saw no such similar thread over at Wc3C (which I frequent much more than here). That might've been part of the problem. :p

Also, I maybe busy, but I love making races, so if you ever get closer to finishing, I'd love to see your work. Good luck.

Level 1
Also, I maybe busy, but I love making races, so if you ever get closer to finishing, I'd love to see your work. Good luck.
Actually I'm going to take a stab at modeling Lelora myself. I'll definitely post back the results when I'm done; just need to get myself acquainted with the editing tools. Thanks again for the replies. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.