• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blood Elf Lieutenant, Captain and More

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Include an icon for the Blood Elf Lieutenant matching with the model.

Inculde some icons for this bundle by @Cuore.

Credit me if you these icons and enjoy :goblin_good_job:
Contents

Blood Elf Lieutenant (Icon)

Blood Elf Lieutenant Custom Eyes (Icon)

Blood Elf Lieutenant Priest Face (Icon)

High Elf Captain Priest Face (Icon)

Level 30
Yes but my bundle include some icons for this bundle.

Yeah, but the Problem is that they are just too similar to the others and henceforth will be seen as substandard no matter what you do.

But if you would draw them from a different angle and position from scratch then i would be entirely another matter.

I am sure that @Cuore would appreciate the effort.

Thank you @Zephyrius2412 for the icons.
In case you took them from those that @Sin'dorei300 linked in his comment i beg you to give proper credit to the uploader zerotul @Hermit in your description

The icons that I given you are made by me. I just recolored some parts of the helm and drawn the face to match with the Priest Face model.

From Icon Submission Rules:
"Screenshot icons and/or icons with too little free-hand are not allowed as standalone icons. They must be submitted in the same bundle as the bundle from which the screenshot was taken.
...You must "Edit" the bundles of the corresponding resource and add the icon there. In this case screenshot icons are also allowed no matter the amount of freehand etc."

"Screenshot icons and/or icons with too little free-hand are not allowed as standalone icons. They must be submitted in the same bundle as the bundle from which the screenshot was taken.
...You must "Edit" the bundles of the corresponding resource and add the icon there. In this case screenshot icons are also allowed no matter the amount of freehand etc."

-> Substandard section is made for this type of icons.

Level 14
Thank you, I will proceed to do that.
EDIT: icons added to the bundle and credited to @Zephyrius2412. This resource should be scheduled for closure as far as I am concerned. Many thanks to @Zephyrius2412 for making these icons, and to @Sin'dorei300 for guidance.

EDIT2: icons removed from the bundle due to permssion withdrawal.

Last edited:
Level 14
I'm really sorry but I am very confused. First I added these icons as an "asset" link in the model bundle i uploaded. Then i was told that the rules stated that I should have added these icons as part of my model bundle. Then I was told that the rules stated that this was only in case both icons and models had the same author, that I am not authorized to add icons to the model bundle and that I should revert using an "asset" link. Then I read that these icons are not allowed to stay in the database. @.@

I would just do nothing and let things be as they are, but I am the one who can edit the model bundle to which these icons relate to so I need to take care of this. Could someone please officially and unambiguously tell me what I should do to have these icons properly linked to my corresponding model bundle? Is an "asset"-type link sufficient? Should I upload the icons inside of the model bundle? I'd really appreciate, thanks.

I'm really sorry but I am very confused. First I added these icons as an "asset" link in the model bundle i uploaded. Then i was told that the rules stated that I should have added these icons as part of my model bundle. Then I was told that the rules stated that this was only in case both icons and models had the same author, that I am not authorized to add icons to the model bundle and that I should revert using an "asset" link. Then I read that these icons are not allowed to stay in the database. @.@

I would just do nothing and let things be as they are, but I am the one who can edit the model bundle to which these icons relate to so I need to take care of this. Could someone please officially and unambiguously tell me what I should do to have these icons properly linked to my corresponding model bundle? Is an "asset"-type link sufficient? Should I upload the icons inside of the model bundle? I'd really appreciate, thanks.

:vw_unimpressed: My icons will go to the Substandard section, they are not going to be removed. They can stay in the assets fo your bundle. The reason that I want to let my icons in my bundle it's because people can want to download the main icon: BTNBloodElfLieutenant. And I think it's better when I update my bundle.

Level 50
Icons are not to be uploaded with sole intention of having them sent to substandard section. Icons that break rules can be sent either to substandard or restricted section. If rule breaking is repeated, icons will be sent to restricted section instead. In addition, breaking rules repeatedly can result in restriction from further uploading of icons to icon section.

Assets that correspond to resource should only be used when both resources linked are in approvable state. Model edit dialogue offers option ''Add icon''. That option should be used when icon is recolor or similar, with proper credits in resource's description.

Icons are not to be uploaded with sole intention of having them sent to substandard section. Icons that break rules can be sent either to substandard or restricted section. If rule breaking is repeated, icons will be sent to restricted section instead. In addition, breaking rules repeatedly can result in restriction from further uploading of icons to icon section.

Assets that correspond to resource should only be used when both resources linked are in approvable state. Model edit dialogue offers option ''Add icon''. That option should be used when icon is recolor or similar, with proper credits in resource's description.

Most of the models of @Ujimasa Hojo are set in substandard, but they are USEFUL. If you create a WC3 modding site when people can download ressources, so don't judge the posted ressources by the work that was done for create them, but by their USEFULNESS. I think a lot of people in The Hive Worskhop think like me. And it's not like 4 icons of 10 KB take up a enormous place in the site, more it's not like 50 icons were posted per day (less of 5 actually).

A day I posted some icons to match with some model in WC3 that didn't have icons, and people found that USEFUL. Hold this term: USEFUL.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
See the thing is we have been having alot of people recoloring blizzard icons and it gets to the point where its getting a little out of hand.. if that person of the model/skin wants a icon made for them then you have permission to do so, but like stated above this icon doesnt have at least 50% freehand capabilitys then it breaks the rules. I could move this to substandard but i dont really find it useful as you could just use the regular blizzard icon as your model avatar icon. Now, if its a fully redone handdrawn icon for a said model or skin then i have no problem in approving it. But, some of these recolors are really pointless to be honest.

Level 14
Thanks to all of you who answered.

I think zephyrius is really just worried that his job would go unrecognized, let's see if i can remedy to that.
I am available to incorporate these icons into the bundle and add zephyrius as second author as soon as I get authorized. By being an author of the bundle as much as me, I hope that you Zephy won't be unhappy, and rules will be respected too :)

What do you say? Let's be coauthors, I await your permission :)