• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

blink strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I want to know how to do a blink strike that does x2 or x3 base on your agi like the skill in dota stealth assassin (SA) i`m SORRiE if This WAS AlrEADY POSt PLS ANSWER QUickLy

Level 10
in dota, the blink strike is based off a chain lightning and using triggers, it moves the caster directly to the target.

events-
unit starts the effect of an ability
conditions-
ability being cast equal to blink strike
actions-
unit - move casting unit to target unit of ability being cast
unit - damage target unit of ability being cast for (agility including bonus)

PS: dota is a crude map. it doesnt even require teamwork. you can even win 1 against 5.

Level 3
just to let you know you need teamwork in dota, if you want you can 1v5 me and i bet 500 bucks you will lose, no about about it. i play on Lordaeron and my acc. is DaP-Mono

Level 10
youre welcomed to try, but i probably dont want to waste my time. and if you think that dota needs teamwork, then eota, aos mtg and alot other maps would be a must for multiplayer.

Level 10
but in the end eota is still superior.

PS: and you arent showing that it needs teamwork. a person could go on 1v5 and still win. that is proof that it doesnt require teamwork.

Level 3
soz bout going o/t but only reason you would dislike something would be either you suck at it or your so good everyone else sucks at it compared to you, so im assuming you guys who dislike dota arent all that great, then again your prolly got no reason to want to be good at it anyways

Level 6
Man, DotA is an excellent map, DotA is the best map and is an example to be followed to all map makers.
I don't know what shit is EotA, I never played it, I think no one play it, because I never played it! :?

Don't say bad about DotA because I get annoyed! :evil:

Level 3
heck i dont want to anger daelin or any other mod (heh) but if u know of what u can do with world editor and how dota was made then u would laugh for sure

1º terrain wasnt made by the guy who edited dota, it was made by eul
2º spells like ex-angel said, are all imported from this site
3º map is totally unbalanced
4º i really wonder what this guy made in the map by himself... only importing for sure... i bet even the multiboard wasnt made by him

and yes, i believe u can win a 1v5... that just shows how unbalanced the game is... i remember playing an older version where a hero that looked like an abomination had avatar, vamp aura and reincarnation as abilities... man, magic imunity and a 30% vamp aura, plus he had like 200 dmg, 5 heroes werent enough to beat him since spells were useless and even if we killed him one time, he had reincarnation... so what skills are u showing? answer = NONE

oh, u want a link to Eota? depends, there are 2 eotas... one is an AoS based map, another is like a hero def, u have to hold ur position and defend a priestess till time runs out, and yes, eota is by FAR, better then dota

Level 6
Man, dota is simple, but is good and is the best map!
Create a map with many special effects is hardly, obvious, but, the important is that the map is good, with or without special things.
It is the same case of warcraft, some strategy games exist with better graphs than Warcraft, but, warcraft still being the best game, because graphs does not import, only noobs play a game looking to the game visual! :evil:

Level 3
It is the same case of warcraft, some strategy games exist with better graphs than Warcraft, but, warcraft still being the best game, because graphs does not import, only noobs play a game looking to the game visual!

riiiiight, if only noobs play a game looking to game visual then why are u playing wc3? there are games far worse then wc3 (like age of empires1)

Man, dota is simple, but is good and is the best map!

well, everyone has the right to have a diferent opinion, but like i stated before, it is far from reaching the status of best map. and if u didnt see what i wrote before, the map maker is just a freakin thief... of course, its easier to steal then to make things on his own

and this was my last post in this thread, and sorry for going so much off-topic

Level 4
When I first started playing wc3 custom maps dota seemed godlike, but after folling around with the ediotr abit I realised that it was not as great as i thought it was, less then half the spells and items are triggerd, and half of the ones that are use very simple triggers. The small percent of the ones that are complicated and triggered come directly from this site. It really is sad. Infact the only one that does not come from this site that seems complicated is pudges meathook. Anyhow thats my two cents, for the most part I stay away from dota now and mostly play ToB(Not very complex, but the skins and icons are such eye candy) and Micro arenas.

Status
Not open for further replies.