• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Blink strike spell not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys, I need some help...

So I found a trigger for a blink-strike spell which I basically copied into test-map to see if it works, but it doesn't.

I gave the spell to Ghoul, once inside the game, I use the spell, but only thing the ghoul does is that he plays cannibalize animation, while doing absolutely nothing else.

Trigger.png

Spell.png

What I did wrong, can you help me guys pls?

Level 4
Thank you very much m8 now it finally works. :)

One last question, how to set the CD? Cause I set "Stats-Cooldown 5 sec", but spells doesn't have a cooldown in game.

Level 11
"Stats-Cooldown" is what you need to set, if the ability is not in cooldown, then there must be something wrong with your code.

In your code you're using Move caster instantly to target_loc, which will interrupt current order, causing the ability to be fired without fully completed. If you want to move the caster, use SetUnitX and SetUnitY via custom script. These 2 functions do not interrupt current order unlike move unit instantly function, but not to be aware the these 2 functions doesn't check path collision.

I would suggest you to read Things You Should Know When Using Triggers / GUI of Chapter 24 to move unit without interrupt of current order.

For future references, please post your trigger in [trigger]your trigger[/trigger] for easier reading for helpers, and also yourself. For more details info, read this : How To Post Your Triggers

Level 4
Thanks a lot m8, I figured it out! :D

+1 rep for both of you for helping me and +1 extra rep for DD_legionTN for those 2 helpful links ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.