• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blair Witch V2.9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Blair Witch V3.0

Name - Blair Witch
Author - Shadowz123
Version - 3.0
Story -

3 kids when into the forest in search of the blair witch, they were lost for a
week and families got worried. now, 11 friends are wanting to hunt down the witch and stop this once and for all and tell the truth to the world!

------=What you do=------
You must survivie till dawn in a thick forest, in pitch blackness! Find riddles, and get scared!!

You need sound up loud to play!
Turn lights off around you!
And prepare to be creeped and scared for creepy and horrifying sounds!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a scary map, anyone with heart conditions please avoid this map, if you play with these conditions i am in no way resposible for your actions! Play at your own risk!! Does contain Coarse Language!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---=Have fun!=---

I usually play on Lordaeran server, if you wish to contact me my BNet acc is Shadowz123!

Version 3.0 Updates
- You can now find Cassette tapes from the 3 kids, there is 2 at the moment, but theyre extremely creepy. Theyre placed on map so they aint random.
- In House
- On the Torch blair witch side top left of map.
- Few fixes.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• Blair Witch By Shadowz123 V3.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Level 18
Well, the use of sounds was good, which isn't something you see particularly often. I suggest you change the riddles though, most of them sound stupid/are too easy, and what's with the time limit on the map? Oh and also, I was expecting the face to be right at the start, and had completely forgotten about the possibility of it appearing until like 5 minutes in and it appears >.<

Didn't actually finish it before dawn, I was heading towards the answer to the riddle about the pot when dawn hit.

-*meow*

Level 3
Sounds like NotD Aftermath a bit....sounds pretty good and interesting. This includes zombies and ghoulish sounds correct? If it does, I'll try it out. If there's help needed for heroes, units, or items, just say it.

Question:
Did you get kinda scared when creating this map like the sounds and stuff? It's okay if you did. I would have been if there were very scary :p.

EDIT:
My God that was freaky! When you go into the cabin when gate opens, a really freaky picture shown up! I was like: OMG! Also, the sound effects just come up at random too...so it freaked me out when I least expected it...very creepy map indeed....good thing I don't have heart problems :D!

But great horror map....probably Warcraft 3's worst nightmares :infl_thumbs_up:!

Question:
Where did you get that creepy picture when you go into the cabin?

Last edited:
Level 9
Thank you Shados! I really appreaciate is!

(COUGH-REP-COUGH)
:p

Just wondering...if you guys can, host around BNet, would be GREATLY appreciated!

And any Ideas/Suggestions would be very helpful to increase this maps creepyness/scaryness or improved gameplay!

and no, i wont make em heroes cause it isnt needed.

Level 6
Woah, sounds very interesting, and very good comments, ill try it out, and then a... lets say... very short review :)

======

Pros:
-The sounds were very good
-Great riddles, (i couldnt figure 'em out, however i was "just" testing the map)
-A fresh genre like horror/scary maps, these arent seen very often.

Contras:
-I didnt like the terrain, really. The terrain has to be realistic, give the players the feeling they are in the forest, inside those "Idiots".

Suggestion: Much smaller map with detailed terrain, camera locked in the idiot (maybe 3rd person view).

Someone should host a Scary/Horror theme map contest.

Last edited:
Level 36
Yes, this one of the true scary maps found on Battle.net, even though there are many wannabe's. You did a good job without having to resort to NotD copying, the image wasen't that scary since I was expecting it and I kenw it was perfectly possible to import jpg's and use cinematics to make it appear. Really, one of the best ways to provoke fear in the player is through sounds and you really got this one good. Scary sounds and music to keep the suspense up even while the visuals aren't scary at the time makes for one thriller of a map. GJ!

Level 3
What was that new sound that comes up random like every 8 seconds? To me, it's kinda you know: weird :bored:. You should add a few more items and more units. The overhead light on the idiots should be in its hand. I got kinda scared of it for 2 days since I didn't expect an image :sad:. The definition for idiots is quite funny. Overall gameplay is good though. Terrain needs to be fixed a bit.

Level 9
Yes, this one of the true scary maps found on Battle.net, even though there are many wannabe's. You did a good job without having to resort to NotD copying, the image wasen't that scary since I was expecting it and I kenw it was perfectly possible to import jpg's and use cinematics to make it appear. Really, one of the best ways to provoke fear in the player is through sounds and you really got this one good. Scary sounds and music to keep the suspense up even while the visuals aren't scary at the time makes for one thriller of a map. GJ!

Thank you Brad.Dude! I am going to make map scariesr too. Meh, some people know that but dont expect it.

Thanatos_820 said:
What was that new sound that comes up random like every 8 seconds? To me, it's kinda you know: weird . You should add a few more items and more units. The overhead light on the idiots should be in its hand. I got kinda scared of it for 2 days since I didn't expect an image . The definition for idiots is quite funny. Overall gameplay is good though. Terrain needs to be fixed a bit.

Thank you thanatos, New sound???? every 8 seconds!??!!?! nah, no sounds that fast....with the lighting, io cannot put it in hand, since the lighting effects are so dark, it flashes so the overhead was best option....or a flashlight would be great, if anoyone knew how to make one :S

Also, for all you readers, i created a long script for a parody version of the movie 'The Blair Witch Project', its hilarious but does contain language that may offend, its in the stories/writings section on these forums! please read it!

Last edited:
Level 1
LOL!I'm a big fan of the first and the second film about the witch.I was happy when the pc games went out.But a wc3 map!YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME! YOU TOTALLY PWND ME!Man that map must be awesome!I'm gonna test it and thanks for creating something in the wc3 world wich i'll remember az a scary thing!

P.S
And would you upload the scary picture from the map because i'm easily scared :confused: :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 3
LOL!I'm a big fan of the first and the second film about the witch.I was happy when the pc games went out.But a wc3 map!YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME! YOU TOTALLY PWND ME!Man that map must be awesome!I'm gonna test it and thanks for creating something in the wc3 world wich i'll remember az a scary thing!

P.S
And would you upload the scary picture from the map because i'm easily scared :confused: :infl_thumbs_up:

Uh...I don't think he'd be taking it out, since it would really ruin the frights of the game, and it wouldn't be as scary as it was. NotD Aftermath would be more scarier than this if that happened. So, I don't think Shadowz123 is going to upload the image from the map. But you have to deal with the image. To avoid it, don't go into the cabin when the gates open. It extremely freaked me out but only lasted for 2 days until I forgot the image's looks. And Shadowz123, please don't show the image here or this thread is haunted and I will never look on the second page ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.