• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bladestorm & some other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys! First time posting on the Hive so hopefully I don't screw anything up too much.

I'll get right into it- I'm trying to make a Bladestorm spell that can be toggled on and off, drains life as it's used, deals damage based off of an attribute, and heals the user every time it deals damage (leeches life essentially)

I'm also trying to figure out how to make a "Holy Storm" sort of spell in which many bolts of light
(based on the Paladin's Holy Light spell) come down in an area over a period of time and deal attribute based damage.

Any help you guys could offer would be much appreciated!

Level 24
First and foremost be sure to take full advantage of the search function to see if your inquiry has been made, I personally use (toggled bladestorm site:hiveworkshop.com) and was able to find a thread with the toggled bladestorm in mind, although I'm not sure if the test map I saw had attribute damage in mind. (I don't mind seeing to this later on tonight if you don't mind a wait.)

As for the second one, read up on Indexing, this tutorial will allow you to add some delay between each individual cast of holy light.
If this is too advanced I'll see where I left a "barrage" type spell that matches your description, below would be what I would do to create it (roughly!)

Start with channel ability, make it the appropriate size and range and trim some of the useless data to your spell.
Create a dummy unit that is able to cast, and strip devour magic of it's aoe (set it to 0) and targets equating to none (so you don't eat peoples buffs when the dummy casts.

Start with the cast with a loop equating to how many casts of holy light will occur in the target area
store the location on the dummy unit
store the caster on the dummy unit
store a delay (0.50 x interger A) on the dummy unit

Create a periodic that loops through all your indexes
negate the periodic timer from the stored delay and cast at the target location
give the dummy an expiration

Create a second cast trigger, that detects your dummy cast
create the holy light effect at the point
create a group in the cast range
Deal damage + attribute

Edit: Frankenstein'd an old request I did that already had a spellvamp version of bladestorm.
Note that it requires Damage Engine & the Unit Indexer (Included with Damage Engine) by Bribe, be sure to credit him if you plan on using this.

Also any luck with the "holy wave?"

Edit2: noticed I missed the "health cost", it will toggle stop the caster if he hasn't any health left

Attachments

• Toggled bladestorm + Attribute bonus & spell vamp.w3x
    51.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.