- Jan 30, 2013
I consider future development for the next chapters. They will be separated from this campaign file however, so this file is completed.
Check description for Changelog.
It's a really cool idea!
I love both mission 1 and 2.
The Gameplay is pretty good, should use more interesting spells for the first hero.
Terrain is ok, not good and not too bad.
Still, its quite hard to figure out how to get out of the ''Rest zone'' for each chapter..
And yet the game is not finished, and needs more chapters.
And shouldn't unfinished maps/campaigns be published somewhere else?
Giving a rate of 2.5/5. And Voting for "Awaiting Update".
I may give a more detailed review later.
Well what i like about this one is the character selection idea.You know thank god we dont have to be stuck with one dude for the entire game.
There seem to be a "bug".There is no fog of war.
Princes first spell the heal costs just 15 mana and for a spamable 300 hp heal spell thats abit to generous.
Princes bash ability as well seems way to op,in combination with his 100% cleave I mean a 300 splash dmg is way to strong.
Our guard the one whose name starts with K seems to be bugged as well,during my first run in the second chapter instaid of moving with me to the town center he stayed just where we kill the first two raiders but during my second and third run he did.
This seems like a work in progress so i am asuming the lack of cinematics and the bland terrain will be fix in due time,hopefully when you have finished your Finals exams succesfully.
The character selection map is kinda not esthetic i mean its kinda messy.
I am curious about the moral messages we keep getting,is that just for immersion or does it accually makes our units fight better or worst?
Edit:Oh i almost forgot the fixed camera its a NO go for me.I hope you will remove that on the future or make it possible for us to chose.
Hehehe. I also have something that is indirectly hidden as a feature in regard to the heroes, but I will make it more visible in the next update for everyone to maximize.I tried it on normal,I failed the first two times doe .Maybe you might need to hold down on those ability nerfs for a second.
Oh so sniping enemy heros=more strong allias.Thats neat.
You should have a loading screen so it won't look like a melee map is being loaded.
1. The first map looks as if almost in pre-alpha state. The terrain is heavily lacking and there isn't really any customization there which could not be put in during gameplay.
2. The special item (Crown of Kings) has a broken description.
3. There's nothing to do because of lack of gold expect for choosing a spell in the first go.
4. I suggest not making everybody the same colour if only your hero is yours to control.
5. After loading the second level, I suddenly had Power Tap.
6. Quest requirement error in the log.
7. You should either do or ask someone to do an original terrain for you. Using maps, especially Blizzard ones is quite lazy.
8. ESC pauses the game for some reason. I need ESC to cancel actions. Not only that but there's a delay before you can unpause.
9. It's kind of annoying not being able to see what's going on on the map because of the locked camera. However, I guess the idea is that your perspective is supposed to be there on the field.
10. Spells are pretty much Warcraft III.
11. Some units return to the starting base.
12. Those random messages are pretty useless.
13. "Resistance Army morale is fading" a couple of times and suddenly, victory. Took about 5 or maybe a little more minutes... It's true, I've played it on Easy.
14. Shop item cooldowns are big.
15. Nothing's really happening in the first level. You basically move a little from A to B on a linear path. Where's the story, talk, intrigue?
16. Maps are revealed and on the second one you can see the enemy suddenly appearing on the minimap.
17. Some units look alike like Emier and the prince.
18. Peasants sitting around the Keep for no reason?
19. You can't get through some exit points to help out because of Footmen blocking the way.
20. Reach max level and then what? I guess you go hunting the Samuro guy through hordes of incoming units?
21. Because there are more than 100 units for one player, the red AI staggers.
22. Morale's fading but Affad gives thanks and informs that without us they would not have survived.
23. You can reach the settlement while the prince is fighting the Wolf Rider and the discussion still is on
24. Units suddenly appearing even buildings when that Affad gets northwest.
25. It's a bit random. You have to help this Affad but what if the prince gets killed meanwhile?
26. Units just get cluttered and the prince might get in between them.
27. Units become invulnerable while still the game runs and the orcs can't do anything about it.
This map is in need of heavy polishing, actually development.
Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)
A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts
If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!
I didn't think of doing one, so I have none.Mind if I ask a screenshot?
First one.6. Which chapter?
Certainly not needed since the camera is locked and you could only look at the minimap while using F10/game pause anyway. What's on the screen is just useless. Let's be real here, there's no strategy. You're one guy who attacks and attacks and runs from one place to another like crazy.8. I intend to have a way for player to "PAUSE" and view the armies and position of key units in both chapters. I'll think of something else.
First chapter. Happened after we reached the middle.11. Chapter?
Do they get handicap? That's neat. You need a better and less screen killing presentation for it though. Looking for heroes/commander is futile since, yeah, locked camera.12. They might look random... Try checking allies and enemy HP between the messages.
I know that but it looks... weird.24. Intentional. They are reinforcement for the player to actually able beat the chapter
Captains too? Too much not in your control. It's pretty bad when you only have a unit with locked camera. I remember the requirement saying something only about the prince and village leader.25. You lose if either Affad or Prince or 4 Captains in the main camp died.
Okay then, it might be a while before I can pinpoint that issue.I didn't think of doing one, so I have none.
Certainly not needed since the camera is locked and you could only look at the minimap while using F10/game pause anyway. What's on the screen is just useless. Let's be real here, there's no strategy. You're one guy who attacks and attacks and runs from one place to another like crazy.
First chapter. Happened after we reached the middle.
Do they get handicap? That's neat. You need a better and less screen killing presentation for it though. Looking for heroes/commander is futile since, yeah, locked camera.
I know that but it looks... weird.
Captains too? Too much not in your control. It's pretty bad when you only have a unit with locked camera. I remember the requirement saying something only about the prince and village leader.
Well, anyways, the whole project still needs polishing, proper terrain, more chapters (it's supposed to be a campaign), better presentation.
Weird, upon restoring, I had level 10. After I exited and then chose chapter one, I started with level 5...
Also, you don't even have to play on all of the map, just reach the shipyard that's in the middle...
Sorry Daffa but there's only two chapters. The game is repetitive and doesn't seem to go anywhere. You better put this in development until you at least add more chapters. There's Warcraft material all over.
Set to Substandard.