• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Morass

Black Morass

Map Info:

The demonic taint still pollutes the marshes so many years after the orcs invaded. The war have ended and it's time to clean out the demons and reclaim these once lush swamps.

Features:
  • 4 Gold Mines - 12500 Main, 12500 Expansion
  • Destructable Gate at Expansion to open another path.
  • 6 Green Creep Camps
  • 8 Orange Creep Camps
  • 4 Red Creep Camps
  • 2 Goblin Merchants
  • 2 Mercenary Camps
  • 2 Fountains of Health
  • 1 Tavern

Screenshots:

dzvv5k.png

53lidf.png

Author Notes:

I've made maps in Warcraft III since the dawn of time, yet in all those years i have never made a melee map. I thought i would give it a go, so here it is, my first Melee Map. Overall i think i did a good job. I like the Item Drops, and the amount of Creeps and Shops. I might have overdone it a bit on the Doodads, and the player starting location might be a little tight. Could maybe have made more green Creep Camps.

Changelog:
01/06/13 - Updated Map, Gates are now alive again, added 2 extra green camps, removed the mercenary camps and replaced labotories with mercenary camps. Changes to creeps, and items drops. Changed all gold mines to contain 12500 gold.

Keywords:
Swamp of Sorrows, Melee, 2 Player, Felwood, Normal, Warcraft, Bonestorm, Black Morass
Contents

Black Morass (Map)

Reviews
19:13, 21st May 2013 Orcnet: Hera_'s review:

M

19:13, 21st May 2013
Orcnet: Hera_'s review:
Hera_;2340971 said:
navbits_start.gif
Terrain is nice. It almost looks like Blizzard made this. :)
navbits_start.gif
Everything seems good. Creep camps are fine but I don't like the idea of putting gates near the extra gold mine. Maybe put some creeps to guard the mercenary camp and the tavern in the middle.
navbits_start.gif
There seems to be less space and trees in the starting location than the extra gold mines part. If I would play this, I would rather place my main base at the secondary gold mine since it has a lot more space and trees than near my starting location.
Overall, this is a pretty nice melee map. The only thing really bugging me are those demonic gates you placed.​
[tr]
222907-albums6215-picture68664.gif

Level 23
navbits_start.gif
Terrain is nice. It almost looks like Blizzard made this. :)
navbits_start.gif
Everything seems good. Creep camps are fine but I don't like the idea of putting gates near the extra gold mine. Maybe put some creeps to guard the mercenary camp and the tavern in the middle.
navbits_start.gif
There seems to be less space and trees in the starting location than the extra gold mines part. If I would play this, I would rather place my main base at the secondary gold mine since it has a lot more space and trees than near my starting location.
Overall, this is a pretty nice melee map. The only thing really bugging me are those demonic gates you placed.​
[tr]
222907-albums6215-picture68664.gif

Level 16
and to think I was running around using cheat code to find mediev hidden by a dark portal somewhere!
I opened the map, and He's no where to be found! (come on add him like a "wheres waldo!")

I haven't rated this map yet because I haven't truly tested out the map in a Melee vs a human opponent. So far vs comp it works well, Creeps are ok, terrain is good (missing a certain guardian though :p)