• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Legion Cavalry

Black Legion Cavalry
209372-2d6eec248e1da2a14355b8143c9d9998.png
- Optimized the models (2/10/2022)
Base Model Credits

Unit Type
Cavalry Unit
Author's Notes
Visit Johnwar's Models Discussion for updates and links for my models. :smile:
Previews
Contents

Black Legion Cavalryman (Model)

Black Legion Cavalryman (TC) (Model)

Black Legion Elite Cavalryman (Model)

Black Legion Elite Cavalryman (TC) (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A nice pack of knights that suits your other Black legion units. Works in-game. Approved!
Level 58
Epic.

will there be a Archer/Ranged Black Legion pack?
Yes there will be. :thumbs_up:
Don't really feel the difference between the regular and the elite one, maybe the first one should go without a shield on his back? 🤔 However it's a cool addition to Human forces 👍
That's why I named the other cavalryman elite because the changes are small and it is meant to be an upgrade of the normal one. :thumbs_up:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
By the way, you may consider to make footman and archer version of it once .....
Archer variant is already confirmed by the creator. ;)
Footman... well...

Level 34
Archer variant is already confirmed by the creator. ;)
Footman... well...
SHAR DUNDRED! I should expect you to come here! Whenever black soldiers are around, so are you. You love black helmets and metal that much that they are in your avatar and profile icons :cgrin:
But you started it all. You made that skin, and now everyone follows

Level 58
I think elite knights should have capes. Finally, I want it to have the action of the hero dying and ascending to heaven.
I didn't put capes because I don't know how to animate it and the shield in the back is more unique. This is just a unit model not a hero, I will make a hero version of them but not now. :thumbs_up:
My only genuine criticism would be the horse skirt, or you use cloth texture, chainmail, or scalemail, or you use mdlvis to separate the metal into several "shields" so it don't have the uncanny look of metal moving like cloth. Apart of that, good job.
The original knight model and Lord Garithos also have the horse skirt, I didn't change it because it fits. Thanks.:thumbs_up:
Love these models. Good job! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Will there be a light cavalry variant for these?
Thanks, about the light cavalry I will only say maybe. :grin: