• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Arrow LVL cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
As far as I understand there is not as there is no need for one. The spell only spawns a unit on unit death and next to adding extra damage like other arrows spells, will not aid in the destruction of a unit.

This is different from spells like doom which will kill the targeted unit so to prvent it killing powerful units with 1 move (the makers of Video Game RPG need to understand this) a level cap was added.

Level 5
Yeah, but it seemes to stop working after level 6. She has the attack art but the buff isn't showing up on the target unit. All my units are from the same unit cnp so it should be working on them...
Can I upload the map here? I would have to be protected but you could play it and see that its weird.

Yeah, but it seemes to stop working after level 6. She has the attack art but the buff isn't showing up on the target unit. All my units are from the same unit cnp so it should be working on them...
Can I upload the map here? I would have to be protected but you could play it and see that its weird.

you can use the paste bin to upload it..

Level 5
Ok I am still having this weird thing so I uploaded the map. Can someone look at it and see how Black Arrow is not affecting lvl6 and higher creeps and maby a reason?
If you do pick the Forsaken Ranger. Thank you I know this seems like a stupid question.

Level 25
Hi, sorry to bring up this old thread but I have the same issue in my map and nobody has answered this question yet. Is the level limit hardcoded? Is there any workaround? I didn't find anything in the Gameplay constants. I don't want to replace the hero ability. In my map creeps have unit levels like 100.

Level 25
Maybe but people might find this thread as well like I did so why not find a solution here?
If it is hardcoded I want to create a workaround with triggers. How can I detect that a unit is killed by a hero with Black Arrow enabled or do I have to fake the effect every time the target is hit? This would require events for every single unit on the map?!

Status
Not open for further replies.